Disclaimer: None of our reviews are sponsored. We earn a commission when you purchase items through our links.
We all know dragging a compressor around is just plain annoying.
With advancements is battery powered nailers we no longer need them to get good power.
We put together this quick guide on some of the top cordless framing nailers on the market.
On this page:
The Best Cordless Framing Nailer
Here's a list of the 5 best cordless framing nailers we found:
1. DEWALT DCN692 XR Cordless Framing Nailer
- Brushless Motor and engine design provides the power to drive 3-1/2" nails
- Sequential or bump operating modes
- Dual Speed optimizes the motor for different nail lenghts
- 33? magazine holds up to 55 paper collated nails
- Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. Nominal voltage is 18
- Model number DCN692 and DCN692B are same
2. Paslode 905600 Cordless XP Framing Nailer
- Increased productivity - Drives nails flush in LVL and other hardwoods that remodelers encounter
- All season formula - Works in temperatures down to 14°F
- Lightweight - 7.2lbs. for better comfort and control while working overhead or in tight spaces
- Guaranteed durability - 50% longer run-time with 7V Li-ion Battery for up to 9,000 nails per charge
- Compact design - Fits between 16″ o.c. studs, joists and roof trusses
3. BOSTITCH BCF30P1 Cordless Framing Nailer
- NO COMPRESSOR NEEDED: Save time and money by going cordless
- OPTIMIZATION AND POWER: Brushless motor and engine design includes two speeds for optimized performance and enough power to drive 3-1/2" fasteners
- NAIL SIZE: Accepts clipped and full round head nails in 30-degree paper tape collation
- STALL RELEASE LEVER: Stall release lever to reset driver blade in case of jam
- WARRANTY: 3 year limited warranty
4. Metabo HPT NR1890DR Battery Powered Framing Nailer
- New name, same great tools: for 70 years, Hitachi power tools has engineered professional grade power tools. In 2018, we renamed to Metabo HPT.
- Zero ramp-up time: Unique air spring drive system using compressed air driving Each nail without ramp-up
- Built to last: less maintenance, increased durability and longer run time per charge with brushless motor and superior engineering
- Work longer: drives up to 400 nails per charge using the compact 3. 0Ah Lithium Ion battery
- Nail specs: holds plastic strip collated nails from 2" Up to 3-1/2" In length at 21 degrees
- Fast nail depth adjustment: get a professional finish on varying materials with the tool-less depth of drive adjustment
5. Hitachi NR1890DR Cordless Brushless Framing Nailer
- Unique Air Spring Drive System that uses compressed air to drive each nail resulting in zero ramp up time and increased driving speed
- Brushless motor for longer run time per charge, less maintenance and increased durability
- Powered by a Compact 3.0Ah Lithium Ion battery that is 3/4 inches shorter and .6 pounds lighter than a conventional 3.0Ah battery for complete portability
- Selective actuation on the control panel transitions between sequential mode and bump fire mode, when rapid nailing is preferred
- 21° magazine holds approximately 37 plastic strip collated fasteners from 2 inches up to 3 1/2 inches in length
- Drives up to 400 nails per charge using the compact 3.0Ah battery