Disclaimer: None of our reviews are sponsored. We earn a commission when you purchase items through our links.
An aftermarket miter gauge is an ideal way to upgrade your table saw and cutting capabilities.
It is an essential tool for all serious table saw owners looking to remove any margin for error when creating a decisive angle and square cuts.
However, with the sheer quantity of miter gauges available to consumers, it can be hard to decide which one is suitable for you.
Fortunately, we have created the following guide that brings together our 5 top picks. Save yourself time and make the buying process a breeze by giving it a read!
Here's 3 products we picked out that thought you would be interested in depending on your budget...
The Best Miter Gauge with Reviews 2024
Here's a list of the best miter gauges we found:
1. INCRA Miter1000/HD Miter Gauge - Top Pick
- Exceptional design
- Only quality materials used
- Precise incremental control
- Fence flexes when extended to its maximum length of 31’’
- May be difficult for new miter gauge users to use initially
The INCRA Miter1000/HD miter gauge is by far the best table saw miter gauge on the market today for its unbeatable build quality and the multitude of professional features. The protractor plate offers 180 angle stops in 1 degree increments, with special stops at 22.5 degrees. Steel vernier cursor that reads to 1/10th of a degree. The telescoping fence that extends from 18’’ to 31’’.
Adjustable miter bar that fits miter slots measuring 3/4’’ wide, 3/8’’ deep and with or without a 15/16’’ T slot at the bottom. Removable retaining clip and a laser cut, heavy duty machined component design.
The fence does tend to flex when extended to its maximum length of 31’’ and new miter gauge users may initially find this model difficult harder to use out of the box. Made from the highest quality of materials, the INCRA Miter1000/HD miter gauge is a long term investment aimed as people who rely on a good table saw miter gauge that can stand the test of time and consistently give accurate and time efficient cuts.
2. Kreg KMS7102 Table Saw Precision Miter Gauge System - Best Value
- High-resolution protractor
- Incredible value for money
- Made from durable components
- Handling pieces above 30’’ in length is tricky
- Slightly bulkier design
The Kreg KMS7102 table saw precision miter gauge takes our best value pick for its premium features for a less than premium price. It features a vernier scale that allows 1/10th degree adjustments and a micro adjuster that allows additional adjustments down to 1/100th of a degree. It also includes special stops at the 0, 10, 22,5, 30 and 45 degree mark. The fence bar can reach a max length of 24’’. The anodized aluminum miter bar is 3/8’’ thick by 3/4’’ wide and features 5 bar adjusters which ensure a snug fit along the miter slot to eliminate any movement.
The design is slightly bulkier than other table saw miter gauges and due to the max fence length of 24’’, working with pieces in excess of 30’’ may be tricky. Promising amazing accuracy straight out of the box, the Kreg KMS7102 table saw miter gauge is sure to give you the cut you want, time in time out.
3. Incra MITERV27 Miter V27 Miter Gauge - Best Budget
- Extremely cheap
- Compact size
- No nonsense straight forward design
- Doesn’t have a fence
- Lacks some features of high budget models
Securing our spot for best budget pick is the Incra MITERV27 miter V27 miter gauge with it’s no nonsense, compact design and multiple angle stops for a super low price.
It features a gauge with 27 incremental angle stops which allows for precise and accurate control. Four expansion ports along the guide bar guarantee zero play when in the miter slot of a table saw. Dual pivoting flip arms and a flip shop stop. The compact design makes it extremely easy to understand and convenient for first time users. Although this miter gauge does not come with an inbuilt fence, it does feature a universal mounting bracket which will suit any user made fence.
The Incra MITERV27 miter V27 miter gauge is the ideal introduction into the world of aftermarket table saw miter gauges for all new comers. It’s no nonsense design ensures a comfortable first experience and for the price, there really is nothing that comes close.
4. Osborne EB-3 Table Saw Miter Gauge
- Can handle long work pieces
- Easy to read white graduations
- Allows for quick, repeatable cut
- The 3 bar design makes it slightly bulkier than other models
- Fence flexes when extended beyond 40’’
- Miter guide bar can be tricky to tighten to the table saw slot
The Osborne EB-3 is a solid table saw miter gauge that features a triangular design that replaces the commonly used protractor plate. The unique triangular design gives the user added stability during use and is able to produce tighter miter cuts. It also features a scale that is large enough to set to half or quarters of a degree with confidence.
The fence system can be locked at any point along its 24’’ to 42’’ range. Index graduations are easy to read. However, the 3 bar design makes this miter gauge slightly bulkier than other models. The fence can flex when extended beyond 40’’ and the miter guide bar can be difficult to secure. The guide bar expands in three separate places to ensure a snug fit for most table saws with a 3/4’’ by 3/8’’ miter slot.
The Osborne EB-3 proposes a change in design from the traditional protractor guide design, which is not to its detriment. In fact, this alternative design may suit those looking for a more sturdy model that is super durable and long lasting.
5. Woodstock D3123 Heavy-duty Miter Gauge
- Extremely cheap
- Compact design
- Easy to set up
- Cannot handle workpieces longer than 30’’
- Heavier than other miter gauges
- Lack of a fence system
The Woodstock D3123 miter gauge features a 120 degree scale protractor that allows the user to angle the work piece at 60 degrees in either a left or right direction. The miter bar is of standard dimension which allows it to fit most table saws. 5 inch tall chrome handle offers a firm grip for total control. It also supports an all metal, heavy duty design, however, the all metal design does make this table saw miter gauge one of the heavier variations on the market at 9.9lbs. The miter bar measures 3/4’’ by 3/8’’, enabling it to fit into most standard table saw miter slots.
The Woodstock D3123 heavy-duty miter gauge is a budget option aimed at the money conscious consumer new to the world of aftermarket table saw miter gauges. Although it lacks some features of other high end models, it is still a good introductory model to get started.
- Top picks – Portable table saws
- Top picks – Hybrid table saws
- Top picks – Dado blades
- Top picks – Table saw fences
There a few key categories you must pay close attention to when shopping for a miter gauge. Ignoring these crucial factors will lead to a lack luster product that doesn’t suit your own unique requirements and have you shelling out more money in the future. Our aim is to make sure you avoid this situation and purchase the correct miter gauge with your first purchase. Let’s take a look at some of the most important factors to consider.
There are two important capacity features you must check.
1. Miter gauge bar: Make note of the miter gauge bar dimensions and compare it to the miter slot on your table saw. It is vital the miter gauge fits appropriately into this slot, if it doesn’t, the miter gauge will have some ‘play’ in it during use, leading to less accurate cuts. Most miter bars follow the standard dimensions of 3/4’’ by 3/8’’ which are able to fit most table saw miter slots. Various miter gauge models also feature multiple expansion points to maximise stability during use.
2. Fence length: The fence on miter gauge models that have them can be extended to varying lengths. Some may reach a maximum length of 40’’, whereas others may only reach 24’’. If you intend to work with longer work pieces, it is worth investing in a miter gauge with a longer fence.
Features v Price
You must consider which features you consider most important in a miter gauge. Here are a few examples that may apply to you.
- Work Piece Length: Plan to consistently work with long work pieces, look for a miter gauge with a strong fence system that has a large maximum extension length and minimal flex.
- Precision & Accuracy: If your focus is pin point accuracy, go with a miter gauge that features a large number of special stops and adjustments down to 1/10th or even 1/100th a degree.
- Day job? Plan to use your miter gauge frequently, or rely on it for your day job? Then focus on those with superior design and build quality.
Of course, the bigger your list of must have features, the bigger the price tag. Although the price may not be an issue to some, others may be working with a budget. It’s a case of weighing up which features are most important to you and finding the best model for your budget.
What is a miter gauge?
A miter gauge is a guide unit with an in built calibrated protractor used to hold workpieces while cutting them to a specified angle on a table saw. The miter gauge unit is attached to the table saw via the miter slot.
Why is a miter gauge important?
If you want accurate cuts then there really is no other option than to invest in a miter gauge. Without one, you run the risk of cutting your work pieces at the wrong angle, even if just marginally. For pieces to fit together perfectly and projects to
Wrapping it up
After hours of meticulous research, here our are top 5 table saw miter picks. The ideal table saw miter gauge allows the user to make accurate and repeatable cuts with ease, while also being easy to set up and long lasting due to its quality design.
Our best pick goes to the INCRA Miter1000/HD miter gauge due to its number of professional features and unbeatable build quality. Suitable for professionals only looking for the best miter gauge on offer, the INCRA Miter1000/HD provides a high quality user-friendly experience that simply can’t be beaten.