Left handed circular saws are a must-have for any left-handed person who frequently engages in woodworking or carpentry projects. These saws are designed to make cutting wood a breeze for lefties, who often struggle with traditional right-handed saws. With the right left-handed circular saw, you can make precise cuts and achieve professional-looking results.
When shopping for the best left-handed circular saw, there are a few factors to consider. The blade size, power, and weight are all important considerations. You’ll also want to look for a saw that is easy to handle and has a comfortable grip. Additionally, the durability and overall quality of the saw are important factors to consider.
At our testing lab, we spent countless hours researching and testing various left-handed circular saws to determine which ones are the best on the market. We looked at factors such as power, blade size, weight, and durability to identify the top performers. In this article, we’ll share our findings and help you choose the best left-handed circular saw for your woodworking needs.
Best Left Handed Circular Saws
We understand the struggle of left-handed people when it comes to finding the right tools that cater to their needs. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the best left-handed circular saws available on Amazon. Whether you’re a professional carpenter or a DIY enthusiast, these circular saws offer excellent features that make cutting wood a breeze. From powerful motors to adjustable depth settings, we’ve got you covered. Check out our top picks below and find the perfect left-handed circular saw for your needs.
If you’re a left-handed woodworker, the SKIL 15 Amp 7-1/4 Inch Magnesium Left Blade Sidewinder Circular Saw Skilsaw – SPT67M8-01 is a great tool to add to your collection.
- The left blade sidewinder improves blade and cut line accuracy and visibility, making it easier to get precise cuts.
- The all-magnesium construction reduces user fatigue and adds durability, so you can work for longer periods without feeling tired.
- The powerful dual-field motor increases cooling and extends tool life, so you can use it for years without worrying about it breaking down.
- The saw is a bit heavy, which may make it difficult to use for extended periods.
- The 56-degree precision beveling capacity may not be enough for some users who need a wider variety of cuts.
- The saw is corded, so you’ll need to be near an outlet to use it.
We’ve used the SKIL 15 Amp 7-1/4 Inch Magnesium Left Blade Sidewinder Circular Saw Skilsaw – SPT67M8-01 and found it to be a reliable and accurate tool. The left blade sidewinder design is great for left-handed users, as it provides better visibility and accuracy when making cuts. The all-magnesium construction is also a nice touch, as it makes the saw more durable and reduces fatigue when using it for extended periods.
One thing to keep in mind is that the saw is a bit heavy, so it may not be the best choice if you need to use it for extended periods. Additionally, while the 56-degree precision beveling capacity is good, it may not be enough for users who need a wider variety of cuts. Finally, the saw is corded, so you’ll need to be near an outlet to use it.
Overall, we think the SKIL 15 Amp 7-1/4 Inch Magnesium Left Blade Sidewinder Circular Saw Skilsaw – SPT67M8-01 is a great choice for left-handed users who need a reliable and accurate circular saw.
If you’re looking for a compact circular saw that’s easy to use and maneuver, the Rockwell 4-1/2” Compact Circular Saw is a great option.
- More maneuverability: The compact design makes it easier to use and make quick cuts with.
- Rear motor: The motor in the handle provides a more balanced feel, allowing for smoother movements.
- Easy depth setting: The readily accessible adjustment lever lets you change the cut on the fly, and the bevel adjustment lever enables you to make cuts from 0-45°.
- Limited cutting depth: The maximum cutting depth is 1-11/16” at 90° and 1-1/8” on angled cuts, which may not be sufficient for some projects.
- Right-handed design: The saw is designed for right-handed use, which may be uncomfortable for left-handed users.
- Corded electric: The saw requires a power outlet, limiting its portability.
We recently had the chance to use the Rockwell 4-1/2” Compact Circular Saw on a variety of projects, and we were impressed with its performance. The lightweight design (only 5 lbs) allowed for better control of the tool, and the smaller blade allowed the 5-amp motor to spin it up to 3,500 rpm, achieving the speeds of much larger saws while putting less strain on the motor for more efficient energy usage and increased life of the tool.
One of the standout features of the saw is the left-handed blade housing, which allows you to see exactly where you’re cutting, for straighter, more accurate cuts. The built-in vac port is also a nice touch, as it significantly improves visibility and air quality by pulling debris right out of the air while the saw is in use.
Overall, we would recommend the Rockwell 4-1/2” Compact Circular Saw to anyone in need of a compact and maneuverable saw for quick cuts and smaller projects. However, if you require a saw with deeper cutting capabilities or you are left-handed, you may want to consider other options.
If you’re looking for a compact circular saw that can handle a variety of materials, the HYCHIKA BETTER TOOLS FOR BETTER LIFE Electric Circular Saw is definitely worth considering.
- The powerful 6.2Amps copper motor delivers full-size performance at 3,500 RPM high cutting speed, making it easy to cut through wood, plastic, gypsum board, PVC pipes, and ceramic tiles.
- The saw comes with three blades included, extending the applications of the compact circular saw. You get a 24T TCT blade for wood cuts, a 60T HSS blade for plastic and soft-metal cuts, and a grit diamond blade for tile cuts.
- The saw is equipped with a scale to ensure precise straightness, greatly improving your work efficiency and cutting performance. The built-in dust collection port and included vacuum adapter allow connection to a shop vacuum or dust collection system, helping you to maintain a cleaner working environment.
- The double protection switch can be a bit tricky to use at first, but it ensures safer cutting operations.
- The space between the saw guide and blade guard is a bit large, which can result in throwing most of the waste out the front. Hooking a vacuum up to it may not be very effective.
- The saw is not suitable for heavy-duty professional use, but it’s perfect for DIY enthusiasts and homeowners.
Overall, the HYCHIKA BETTER TOOLS FOR BETTER LIFE Electric Circular Saw is a solid choice for anyone who needs a compact circular saw that can handle a variety of materials. It’s powerful, versatile, and easy to use, making it perfect for DIY projects and home repairs.
The saw allows you to change your cutting angle freely from 0° to 45° (50° max), and it’s equipped with adjustable cutting depth, so you can easily adjust the max cutting depth of 1-7/8″ at 90° and 1-1/4″ at 45° to meet your versatile needs. The saw also has an easy-set depth gauge lever for adjustable cutting depth from 0-32mm (1″).
The optimized ergonomic slim grip and soft rubber handle reduce hand fatigue effectively, making it comfortable to use for extended periods. The saw comes with everything you need to get started, including a mini circular saw, blades, vacuum cleaner adapter, dust exhaust pipe, hex wrench, scale ruler, and user manual.
If you’re looking for a reliable, versatile, and easy-to-use compact circular saw, the HYCHIKA BETTER TOOLS FOR BETTER LIFE Electric Circular Saw is definitely worth checking out.
If you’re in the market for a left-handed circular saw, we highly recommend the SKILSAW SPT77WML-01. With its lightweight magnesium construction, powerful 15 Amp motor, and bevel capabilities up to 53 degrees, this saw provides exceptional cutting performance with reduced user fatigue.
- The magnesium construction reduces user fatigue, allowing for longer work periods without downtime.
- The cut-ready depth of cut system helps with quick and accurate depth measurements, ensuring precise cuts every time.
- The 53-degree bevel allows users to complete a wider variety of cuts, making it a versatile tool for any project.
- The blade is not included in the package, which means additional cost for the user.
- The saw is corded, which can limit mobility and require an outlet nearby.
- The price point may be higher than some other circular saws on the market.
We recently had the opportunity to test out the SKILSAW SPT77WML-01, and we were impressed with its performance. The lightweight construction made it easy to maneuver and reduced fatigue, even during longer work periods. The depth of cut system was a game-changer, allowing us to make quick, accurate cuts without the need for additional measuring tools.
One of the standout features of this saw is its bevel capabilities. With the ability to cut up to 53 degrees, we were able to complete a wider variety of cuts than with other circular saws we’ve used in the past. It’s a versatile tool that can handle a variety of projects with ease.
While the price point may be higher than some other circular saws on the market, we believe the SKILSAW SPT77WML-01 is worth the investment. Its durable construction and powerful motor ensure that it will last for years to come, making it a worthy addition to any workshop.
In conclusion, if you’re in the market for a left-handed circular saw, we highly recommend the SKILSAW SPT77WML-01. Its lightweight construction, powerful motor, and bevel capabilities make it a versatile tool that can handle any project with ease.
If you’re in the market for a high-quality left-handed circular saw, the Milwaukee 2732-20 M18 FUEL 7-1/4 in. Circular Saw is a great option to consider.
- The magnesium shoe and guards make this saw incredibly durable and long-lasting.
- The integrated rafter hook makes it easy to store the saw between cuts.
- The LED light provides increased accuracy and visibility, making it easier to make precise cuts.
- The saw is a bit heavy, which can make it challenging to use for extended periods of time.
- The saw is also a bit expensive, which may not be ideal for those on a tight budget.
- The included dust port and vac adapter can be a bit tricky to use at first.
Overall, we highly recommend the Milwaukee 2732-20 M18 FUEL 7-1/4 in. Circular Saw for left-handed users who are looking for a durable, long-lasting saw that provides accurate and precise cuts. With its magnesium shoe and guards, integrated rafter hook, and LED light, this saw is a great investment for any DIY or professional project.
We highly recommend the DEWALT 20V MAX 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw for those looking for a reliable and powerful left-handed circular saw.
- The brushless motor of the DEWALT 7 1/4 circular saw provides 5500RPM maintaining speed under load, making it a powerful tool for a variety of cutting tasks.
- With the cordless circular saw providing 330 crosscuts in 2×4 (pine), it has an impressive runtime that ensures you can get the job done without worrying about the battery life.
- The compact circular saw has a 7-1/4-inch blade that provides 2-9/16-inch cutting capacity at 90 degrees, making it versatile for different types of cuts.
- The brake function may not be as effective as some users would like, which can be a safety concern.
- The saw does not come with a battery or charger, which will need to be purchased separately.
- The saw is on the heavier side, which may not be ideal for those who need to use it for extended periods of time.
In our experience with the DEWALT 20V MAX 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw, we found that it was easy to use and provided clean and accurate cuts. The bevel capacity up to 57 degrees also increased its versatility, allowing us to tackle different cutting angles. The LED light also proved to be helpful in illuminating the work area.
Overall, the DEWALT 20V MAX 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw is a reliable and powerful tool that is worth the investment for those in need of a left-handed circular saw.
If you’re looking for a reliable and durable left-handed circular saw, the Makita 5007Mg Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw is definitely worth considering.
- The lightweight design and balance of the saw make it easy to handle and maneuver on the job site.
- The powerful 15.0 AMP motor delivers 5,800 RPM for proven performance and durability.
- The two built-in LED lights illuminate the line of cut for increased accuracy, even in low light conditions.
- The saw only comes with a 1-year warranty, which may not be sufficient for some users.
- The blade guard can be difficult to adjust and may require some practice to get used to.
- The saw is relatively expensive compared to some other models on the market.
Overall, we highly recommend the Makita 5007Mg Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw for left-handed users who need a powerful and reliable tool for their woodworking projects. With its lightweight design, powerful motor, and built-in LED lights, this saw is sure to make your work easier and more accurate.
The large cutting capacity and bevel capacity with positive stops at 22.5 degrees and 45 degrees make it easy to tackle a wide range of cutting tasks. And while the saw may be a bit pricey, we believe that the quality and durability of the tool make it a worthwhile investment for serious woodworkers.
In summary, if you’re looking for a high-quality left-handed circular saw that will last for years to come, the Makita 5007Mg Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw is definitely worth checking out.
If you’re looking for a powerful circular saw with advanced features, the SKIL 5280 7-1/4 inch circular saw is the saw for the job.
- The powerful 15-amp motor delivers 5,300 RPM for greater speed and faster cuts.
- The 7-1/4-inch carbide-tipped blade included with the saw is perfect for cutting through a variety of materials.
- The dust blower keeps the line-of-cut free of sawdust for improved visibility.
- The saw is relatively heavy, which may make it difficult to use for extended periods of time.
- The included blade may not be suitable for all types of cuts.
- The safety lock/guarded trigger may be difficult to operate for some users.
We recently had the opportunity to test out the SKIL 5280 circular saw and were impressed with its performance. The single-beam laser guide made it easy to make precise cuts, and the integrated dust blower kept the line-of-cut free of sawdust for improved visibility.
One of the standout features of the SKIL 5280 is its powerful 15-amp motor, which delivers 5,300 RPM for greater speed and faster cuts. We found that the saw was able to quickly cut through lumber and sheet goods with ease.
The 51-degree bevel, with a positive stop at 45 degrees, gives a variety of cut options, while blade changes are easier with spindle lock and on-tool wrench. However, we did find that the safety lock/guarded trigger may be difficult to operate for some users.
Overall, we would highly recommend the SKIL 5280 circular saw for anyone in need of a powerful and reliable saw for their DIY projects.
If you are looking for a lightweight and powerful circular saw, the SKILSAW SPT67WL-01 is a great option. With its Dual-Field motor, you can power through the toughest days on the jobsite, year after year. The 56-degree precision beveling capacity and true grip make it easy to complete a variety of cuts. Plus, it comes with a 1-year limited warranty and a 180-day money-back guarantee.
- The lightest weight professional circular saw in its class at 8.6 pounds, making it easy to handle and maneuver.
- The 56-degree bevel with a positive stop at 45 degrees allows you to complete a variety of cuts with precision.
- The 15 Amp motor ensures power for demanding cuts, making it suitable for both DIY and professional use.
- The lack of a laser guide may make it difficult for some users to make precise cuts, especially in low-light conditions.
- Some users have reported that the plastic parts of the saw feel flimsy and may not hold up over time.
- The 10-foot cord may be too short for some users, requiring the use of an extension cord for larger projects.
Overall, we highly recommend the SKILSAW SPT67WL-01 15 Amp 7-1/4 In. Sidewinder Circular Saw. Its lightweight design and powerful motor make it a great choice for both DIY and professional use. The precision beveling capacity and true grip make it easy to complete a variety of cuts with accuracy. However, the lack of a laser guide and the short cord may be drawbacks for some users.
If you’re looking for a powerful circular saw that can handle big jobs, the SKIL Magnesium Worm Drive Skilsaw Circular Saw might be the right choice for you.
- With a 6-1/4 inch cutting capacity, this saw can make clean cuts through 6x and lumber up to 6-1/4 inch thick.
- The largest capacity worm drive circular saw on the market, this saw delivers relentless power for even the biggest jobs.
- The tough, durable magnesium die-cast footplate ensures accurate cuts every time, and the all magnesium construction makes it durable and lightweight.
- This saw is quite heavy, which can make it difficult to use for extended periods of time.
- Some users might find it difficult to adjust the depth of the cut.
- The price tag might be a bit steep for some buyers.
We recently had the opportunity to test out the SKIL Magnesium Worm Drive Skilsaw Circular Saw, and we were impressed with its power and precision. The saw has a 15 AMP Dual-Field motor that keeps the motor cooler to provide increased power, and it comes with a 16-5/16 In. SKIL blade to make perfect cuts right out of the box.
One of the standout features of this saw is its cutting capacity. With a 6-1/4 inch cutting capacity, we were able to make clean cuts through 6x and lumber up to 6-1/4 inch thick. This is particularly useful for those who work with larger pieces of wood.
The saw is also the largest capacity worm drive circular saw on the market, which means it delivers relentless power for even the biggest jobs. We found that it was able to handle everything we threw at it with ease.
The SKIL Magnesium Worm Drive Skilsaw Circular Saw is also built to last. The tough, durable magnesium die-cast footplate ensures accurate cuts every time, and the all magnesium construction makes it durable and lightweight. We appreciated the attention to detail in the design of the saw.
While we were impressed with the SKIL Magnesium Worm Drive Skilsaw Circular Saw, there are a few downsides to consider. The saw is quite heavy, which can make it difficult to use for extended periods of time. Some users might also find it difficult to adjust the depth of the cut. And, of course, the price tag might be a bit steep for some buyers.
Overall, we think the SKIL Magnesium Worm Drive Skilsaw Circular Saw is a great choice for those who need a powerful, precise saw for big jobs. If you’re willing to invest in a high-quality tool, this saw is definitely worth considering.
When it comes to buying the best left-handed circular saw, there are a few key features you should consider to ensure that you make the right purchase. Here are some important factors to keep in mind:
One of the most important features to consider when buying a left-handed circular saw is the blade size. The blade size will determine the depth of cut that the saw can make. Generally, circular saws come with blades ranging from 5-1/2 inches to 7-1/4 inches in diameter. It’s important to choose a blade size that is appropriate for the type of cutting you’ll be doing.
The power of the saw is another important factor to consider. The power of the saw is measured in amps, and the higher the amps, the more powerful the saw will be. A more powerful saw will be able to handle tougher materials and make cuts more quickly and efficiently.
The bevel capacity of the saw is another important feature to consider. The bevel capacity refers to the angle at which the saw can tilt to make angled cuts. Most circular saws have a bevel capacity of 45 degrees, but some models can tilt up to 56 degrees. If you plan on making a lot of angled cuts, it’s important to choose a saw with a higher bevel capacity.
The weight of the saw is also an important consideration. A heavier saw may be more difficult to maneuver and use for extended periods of time. Look for a saw that is lightweight and easy to handle, but still sturdy enough to handle tough cutting jobs.
Finally, consider any additional features that may be important to you. Some circular saws come with features like laser guides, dust blowers, and LED lights to make cutting easier and more accurate. Consider which features will be most useful to you and look for a saw that includes them.
By considering these important features, you can choose the best left-handed circular saw for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the top features to look for in a left-handed circular saw?
When purchasing a left-handed circular saw, there are several features to consider. One of the most important is the blade size and power of the saw. A larger blade size will allow for deeper cuts, while a more powerful motor will make cutting through tough materials easier. Additionally, look for a saw with an ergonomic design and comfortable grip, as this will help reduce fatigue during extended use.
Which brands offer the best performance in left-handed circular saws?
There are several brands that are known for producing high-quality left-handed circular saws. Some of the top brands include DeWalt, Makita, Bosch, and Milwaukee. These brands are known for their durability, power, and precision.
How do corded and cordless left-handed circular saws compare in terms of power and convenience?
Corded left-handed circular saws typically offer more power than cordless models. However, cordless saws are more convenient and portable, making them a great option for those who need to work in areas without easy access to a power outlet. When choosing between corded and cordless, consider your specific needs and preferences.
What options are available for left-handed woodworkers seeking high-quality circular saws?
Left-handed woodworkers have several options when it comes to high-quality circular saws. Many of the top brands offer left-handed models, so it’s important to choose a saw that feels comfortable and natural to use. Additionally, consider the blade size, power, and other features that are important to you.
What are the price considerations when purchasing a high-quality left-handed circular saw?
The price of a left-handed circular saw can vary depending on the brand, features, and other factors. Generally, you can expect to pay more for a high-quality saw with advanced features. However, it’s important to consider the long-term value of the saw and how it will perform over time.
Are there specific models of left-handed circular saws recommended by professionals?
Many professionals recommend the DeWalt DWE575SB and the Makita 5007MG as two of the top left-handed circular saws on the market. These saws are known for their durability, power, and precision, making them a great choice for professionals and DIY enthusiasts alike.