Disclaimer: None of our reviews are sponsored. We earn a commission when you purchase items through our links.
Not everyone needs to splash out on an expensive drill press.
Thankfully there are plenty of drill presses on the market that great value for money.
We’ve put together a list of some of the best budget models available to help narrow your choice…
Note: we also have a guide on the best bench drill presses if you have a bigger budget.
Here's 3 products we picked out that thought you would be interested in depending on your budget...
The Best Budget Drill Press with Reviews 2024
Here's a list of budget drill presses we found:
1. WEN 4212 Variable Speed Budget Drill Press
- 10” swing
- Variable 530-3,100 RPM speed range
- 1/2” chuck size
- 2/3 HP
- Spindle travel of 2-2/5 in. with easy to read, adjustable depth stop for accurate and repeatable drilling operations.
- 8 in. x 7-2/3 in. cast iron worktable features rack and pinion height adjustment and bevels up to 45 degrees left and right.
- Laser target your drilling operation marked with an X-pattern display.
- Precise laser
- Cast iron
- 45-degree bevel
- Great durability
- No belt adjustment
- Low-quality chuck
You’d be forgiven for thinking this was a premium model with the quality that it has. WEN produce a range of fantastic drill presses and this is another great example. The 10-inch swing size will be able to give you a very high level of usability.
The machine is also very powerful too and will make light work of all materials. The high degree bevel is going to allow you to make a wide range of holes. Other features such as the laser guide will ensure your accuracy and combine to make this fantastic drill press.
2. ShopSeries RK7033 Budget Drill Press
- Powerful 6.2-amp drill press ideal for repetitive precision cutting in materials such as wood, plastic, and metal
- 10” swing size
- Features five operating speeds ranging from 620 to 3100 rpm
- 1/2˝ drill chuck allows for the use of woodworking and metal drill bits with up to a 1/2˝ shank
- Durable cast iron work table bevels up to 45 degrees left and right
- 2 year limited warranty protects against defects in materials and workmanship
- Powerful enough for metal
- High bevel angles
- Great speed range
- Powerful drill
- Not for thick metal
- Not a professional level of quality
For DIY enthusiasts, this is a perfect model. It’s going to be able to get through a lot of work without having that upper level of quality that you need from a professional model. The bevel angles that you can achieve make it versatile for a wide range of drilling.
The speed range that it has is going to be able to give you a very high level of control. The overall stability and usability of the drill will help to deliver a very high level of accuracy. It’s a perfect drill for those casual users.
3. SKIL 3320-01 Budget Drill Press
- Adjustable depth stop
- High bevel angle
- 2 beam laser
- Great safety features
- Lower build quality
- The laser can be blocked by the chuck
For the price that you pay, this is an exceptionally good drill press. The lasers that it has act as great guides to enable you to have precise drilling. It is also a very safe drill to prevent any accidents from possibly occurring.
The great range of bevel angles that it has is going to enable you to do a wide range of drilling. It isn’t the highest build quality you’ll ever see from a drill press but you expect that for the price. It is still able to do a terrific job and is an excellent drill.
4. BUCKTOOL Drill Press 10 inch 5 Speed
- Built-in laser provides precise prediction of drilling location, with LED light.
- Beveling worktable can bevel 45° left and right, height adjusts by rack gear.
- It is easy and safe
- 10-inch swing diameter,
- Durable 6.2 AMP 2/3 HP induction motor provides ample torque and power.
- This Drill Press meets CSA standards.
- 1-year warranty.
- 5 speeds
- Built-in laser
- High bevel angle
- Powerful motor
- Small table
- Can be hard to adjust
For those that enjoy woodworking, this would be a great option. It is fairly powerful for a budget model and is able to get through tough materials. The speed range is lower than most but it is still able to perform at a good level.
There are a number of features which are very useful. The LED light is great and the laser guide will be able to ensure you drill accurate holes. It can be hard to adjust at times but once you have amended the table, you are able to make a versatile range of holes.
5. Genesis GDP1005A 10" Cheap Drill Press
- 5-speed gearbox
- Quiet motor
- High rotation and table tilt
- Easy adjustment
- Lower quality construction
- Can wobble at high speeds
If you’re looking to complete smaller drilling jobs then this would be ideal. It doesn’t have a professional level of quality but is ideal for DIY enthusiasts. The drill is easy to adjust, allowing you to get all the angles that you’d possibly need.
The 5/8” chuck is going to be able to handle large bits. The drill is very easy to use and it’s also has a work light that is going to be able to illuminate the table. The power of the drill is very high when compared to other budget models.
Wrapping it up
While the best drill presses tend to be expensive models, there is still a lot of quality to be found in these budget models. They are able to give you a great amount of power with all the features that you might expect from the higher end models.
When it comes to the best budget drill press, the WEN 4212 10-Inch Variable Speed Drill Press stands out as the best option available. It delivers a professional level of quality with a number of great features that are going to give you highly accurate drilling.