Disclaimer: None of our reviews are sponsored. We earn a commission when you purchase items through our links.
A cordless tool set / combo kit is the best way to jump straight into a single brand and own the most important power tools.
Once you have committed to a brand, it makes sense to stick to the same one.
This way you can lower costs by owning the ‘tool-only’ models and benefit from the interchangeable batteries.
Kits can vary in the number and type of tools, along with the number of accessories they provide. It is vital to pay close attention to each kit to make sure it has the tools you’re looking for.
This guide includes a handful of the best cordless combo kits we believe are currently for sale. We are confident there is an option for everyone, no matter your background and requirements. Without further ado, let’s begin!
Here's 3 products we picked out that thought you would be interested in depending on your budget...
On this page:
The Best Cordless Tool Set & Combo Kits
Here is a list of the best cordless tool set we found:
1. Makita XT611PT 18V LXT 6pc Cordless Tool Combo Kit
- XPH07Z 18V LXT ½’’ hammer driver-drill
- XDT14Z 18V LXT 3-speed impact driver
- XRJ05Z 18V LXT recipro saw
- XSH03Z 18V LXT 6-1/2’’ circular saw
- XAG04Z 18V LXT 4-1/2’’ 5’’ cut-off angle grinder
- DML802 18V LXT L.E.D. 12 position flashlight
- 2 x 18V LXT Lithium-ion 5.0Ah batteries (BL1850B)
- DC18RD 18V LXT lithium-ion dual port charger& tool bag
- LED charge level indicator on both batteries & only 45 to full charge
- Plenty of power for professionals
- Each tool stands on its own as an excellent product
Not so Good
- Doesn’t include an oscillating tool
- Battery can drain quickly while using the recipro saw
Each tool in the Makita XT611PT 6-pc combo kit runs on an electronically-controlled BL brushless motor for optimal battery usage by up to 50% longer run-time per charge. This also allows for more efficient power utilization when it comes to matching RPM and torque to the application.
The XPH07Z 2-speed (0 – 550 & 2,100 RPM) hammer drill has 1,090 in-lbs of max torque and weighs 5.9lbs with battery. The XDT14Z impact driver 1,550 in-lbs of torque with 3 speed power selection switch offers speeds at 0 – 1,100 (1,100), 2,100 (2,600) & 3,600(3,800) RPM(IPM). Weighs just 3.3lbs with battery.
The XRJ05Z recipro saw delivers both low (0 – 2,300) and high (0 – 3,000) stroke per minute settings with a stroke length of 1-1/4, while the XSH03Z 18V LXT 6-1/2’’ circular saw delivers 5,000 RPM for rapid cutting. XAG04Z angle grinder produces up to 8,500 RPM with an electric brake. A 12 position LED flashlight provides 200 lumens so you always have perfect visibility while working.
Quite simply, the Makita XT611PT 6-pc is a combo kit for professionals. Each tool is compact and lightweight while the brushless motor delivers top-level performance that will meet the intense demands of a job site.
2. DEWALT DCK684D2 20V MAX XR 6pc Cordless Power Tool Set
- DCD791 20V MAX XR ½’’ 3-speed compact drill/driver
- DCF887 20V MAX XR ¼’’ 3-speed compact impact driver
- DCS367 20V MAX XR compact reciprocating saw
- DCS570 20V MAX XR 7-1/4’’ cordless circular saw
- DCS355 20V MAX XR oscillating multi-tool
- DCL040 20V MAX LED work light
- 2 x DCB203 20V MAX lithium-ion battery
- DCB112 compact charger & contractor bag
- Both battery and charger have LED charge indicators
- Good warranty
- Complete brushless set
Not so Good
- Would benefit from larger capacity batteries
- The drill does not have a hammer function
Dewalt’s DCK684D2 combo kit features 6 cordless tools, 5 of which house brushless motors for industry-leading performance. Of course, all 6 are cordless so you have total freedom while working.
The DCD791 drill/driver with all-metal 3-speed transmission and ½’’ self-tightening chuck delivers 530 units watt out (UWO). The ¼’’ DCF887 compact 3-speed impact driver has been designed to fit into tight spaces and houses 3 LEDs so you never have to work in poor visibility.
The DCS367 reciprocating saw features a 4-position blade clamp and a variable speed trigger that gives the user control of up to 2,900 SPM. The DCS570 7-1/4’’ circular saw with a cutting capacity of 2-9/16’’ at 90 degrees maintains 5,200 RPM under load. It has enough runtime on a single charge for 330 2×4 crosscuts.
The DCS355 multi-tool has a quick-change accessory system for easy attachment changes without the use of a wrench. There is also a dual-grip variable-speed trigger for easy speed manipulation. The final addition to this great kit is the hands-free DCL040 work light with 120-degree rotating head and an output of 110 lumens.
3. BLACK+DECKER BDCDMT1206KITC 6pc Cordless Combo Kit
- Incredible set of accessories
- Amazing budget price
- Each attachment is stored in one regular size storage case for easy transport
Not so Good
- Only comes with one battery
- Some users will prefer dedicated tools for each function over an attachment
The BLACK+DECKER BDCDMT1206KITC combo kit is slightly different from others. Rather than a selection of individual tools, this kit consists of one 20V MAX motor drill with a selection of attachments that are connected via the innovative Matrix Connect System. This system allows quick and easy attachment changes to suit the application at hand.
The Impact driver attachment works alongside the variable speed feature to deliver high performance without the kickback. The BDCMTJS jigsaw attachment is designed to facilitate quick and easy tool-free blade changes so you can get on with your work.
A router attachment allows for decorative woodworking and fast trimming while the oscillating attachment accepts numerous Black & Decker accessories that can open up even more possible applications.
*Also included; double-ended bit, screwdriver bit, jigsaw blade, plunge cut blade, universal adaptor, sanding platen, 6 sheets of sandpaper, 1 sheet of 60 grit & 1 sheet of 240 grit sandpaper.
You’ll be hard-pressed to find a job around the house that can’t be tackled with Black & Decker’s BDCDMT1206KITC combo kit.
4. Milwaukee 2896-26 M18 Fuel 18-Volt 6pc Cordless Tool Set
- 2704-20 M18 FUEL ½’’ hammer drill/driver
- 2753-20 M18 FUEL ¼’’ hex impact driver
- 2720-20 M18 FUEL Sawzall reciprocating saw
- 2730-20 M18 FUEL ½’’ circular saw
- 2780-20 M18 FUEL 4-1/2’’ / 5’’ angle grinder
- 2735-20 M18 LED work light
- 2 x M18 Redlithium XC 5.0Ah batteries, M12 charger & 2 x contractor bags
- 2 belt clips, 2-bit holders, side handle, Sawzall & circular saw blade, spanner wrench
- Comes with two high capacity batteries (5.0Ah)
- Entire set is brushless
- Plenty of powerful
Not so Good
- Most expensive kit on the list
- Safety switch on the grinder could be positioned more conveniently
The Milwaukee 2896-26 offers a wide range of must-have tools, each powered by A POWERSTATE brushless motor for consistent power and reduced heat buildup for increased tool longevity. Redlink Plus electronic intelligence increases performance and prevents overloading by optimizing system communication between tool, charger and battery.
The 2704-20 hammer drill/driver delivers fast drilling under heavy load by producing 1,200 in-lbs of torque, 2,000 RPM and 32,000 BPM. It stands at 7-3/4’’ in length and weighs 3.5lbs. The 2753-20 ¼’’ hex impact driver with 4-mode drive control provides an excellent 1,800 in-lbs of torque and 3,000 RPM, more than enough for an array of fastening applications.
The 2720-20 Sawzall reciprocating saw with keyless blade clamp gives up to 5x longer tool life and 2x more run time than competitor saws. The 2730-20 M18 FUEL ½’’ circular saw features a 5/8’’ arbor with a top-end speed of 5,000 RPM. Maximum bevel capacity is 50 degrees. The 2780-20 M18 FUEL 4-1/2’’ / 5’’ angle grinder has a paddle switch no-lock with anti-vibration side handle.
5. PORTER-CABLE PCCK619L8 20V MAX 8pc Cordless Combo Kit
- PCC601 1/2" 2-speed Drill Driver
- PCC641 1/4" Hex Impact Driver
- PCC650 Jig Saw
- PCC660 6-1/2" Circular Saw
- PCC670 Reciprocating Tiger Saw
- PCC710 Oscillating Multi-Tool
- PCC761 Cut-off Tool/Grinder
- PCC700 LED Flashlight with pivoting head & 2 x kit bags
- PCC680L 20V MAX* Lithium-ion 1.5Ah & PCC685L 4.0Ah Battery
- Well priced
- Great first set for DIYers
- Easy to use
Not so Good
- Only one 4.0Ah battery
- Doesn’t feature brushless motor technology
- Kit bags aren’t the best quality
ThePORTER-CABLE PCCK619L8 is worth serious consideration from DIYers looking for a good selection of inexpensive tools from a reputable brand.
PCC601 1/2″ drill driver offers 2 speed settings at 0 – 350 & 1,500 RPM backed by 283-unit watts out. The PCC641 1/4″ hex impact driver generates up to 1,450 in-lbs of torque, 2,800 RPM & 3,100 BPM. PCC650 Jig Saw has a variable speed trigger (0 – 2,500 SPM) and 3 orbital settings.
PCC660 6-1/2″ circular saw with its high-performance motor delivers 4,000 RPMs for rapid cutting alongside a beveling shoe that can pivot up to 50 degrees. The PCC670 reciprocating tiger saw with tool-free blade release offers a 1’’ stroke length and 0-3,000 SPM.
The PCC710 oscillating multi-tool with variable speed dial gives the user control of 8,000 – 18,000 OPM and in-built LEDs improve working visibility. The PCC761 cut-off tool/grinder outputs the same OPMs as the PCC710 and allows for easy switching between grinding and cutting.
6. Ryobi P884 18-Volt ONE+ 6pc Cordless Combo Tool Kit
- P208B ½’’ Drill/Driver w/2-speed gearbox & 24 position clutch
- P236A Impact Driver w/Tri-Beam LED
- P506 5-1/2’’ Circular Saw w/Exactline Laser Technology
- P514 Reciprocating Saw w/adjustable pivoting shoe
- P246 JobPlus Base with P570 Multi-tool Head Attachment
- P704 swivel head work light
- 2 x P107 18V ONE+ Compact Lithium+ Lithium-ion Batteries
- P117 Dual Chemistry Charger, Tool Bag & more*
- Brilliant value
- Easy to use kit for DIYers / newcomers
- Batteries with power indicators
Not so Good
- The work light isn’t an LED
- Aren’t designed for rigorous professional use
Ryobi’s P884 combo kit includes a selection of 18V tools powered by next-generation lithium-ion performance. This set is aimed at DIYers who don’t want to spend an arm and a leg on a good set of tools, which is reflected in the excellent price.
The P208B ½’’ drill/driver has 2 speed settings of 0 – 440 & 1,600 RPM and 24 clutch positions. Weighing only 2.7lbs it has a top-mounted bubble level for accurate drilling and driving. The P236A impact driver packs 1,600 in-lbs of torque, 3,200 RPMs. Tool weight of 2.65lbs. Both tools house an LED light and MagTray magnetic bit holder.
P506 circular saw has a 5-1/2’’ blade and 10mm arbor. Maximum no-load speed stands at 4,700 RPM with a depth of cut at 0 degrees of 1-9/16’’ and 1-1/18’’ at 45 degrees. An automatic exact line laser activates on startup and helps guide you to the perfect cut. This is a left-side blade circular saw. The P514 reciprocating saw has an adjustable pivoting shoe for depth of cut control and more efficient blade use. It has a maximum no-load speed of 3,100 SPM and weighs 4.1lbs.
*further accessories include; wood/metal cutting blade, segment saw blade, sanding pad, 5 pieces of sandpaper, Allen wrench and a universal multi-tool accessory adaptor.
Which cordless tool set brand should I choose?
Although founded in 1927, Dewalt date back to 1922 when Raymond Dewalt developed the first woodworking machine called the radial arm saw. Thanks to the high-quality products they have been considered one of the world’s best power tool brands for many years. Their products are manufactured predominantly for professionals; however, they do have product lines for those with different demands.
Perhaps the most famous Japanese power tool brand and known for their signature green color, Makita was founded in 1915 by Mosaburo Makita. They released their first cordless power tool in 1978. Today they offer a large array of well-made, powered products suitable for the professional and contractor market.
Milwaukee was founded in 1924 by A.F. Seibert. They offer a massive range of power tools, especially in the cordless market. In fact, in 2005 they became the first to use lithium-ion battery technology in cordless tools. Since then they have come a long way to now offer hundreds of professional-grade tools like the M18 FUEL line included in the Milwaukee 2896-26 combo kit.
Born in 1906, Porter-Cable has a history of being a professional brand. However, in recent times they have honed in on the DIY, homeowners’ market against brands like Ryobi. Their tools are great value for money, providing the features and performance you’d expect from paying above budget (think Black & Decker prices).
Founded in 1943, Ryobi is another brand that originates from Japan like industry giant Makita. Ryobi focuses their efforts on the home market, namely DIYers. Their affordable product line is great for DIYers willing to pay that little bit extra for their tools.
Black & Decker
Founded by S. Duncan Black and Alonzo G. Decker in 1910, Black & Decker have played a key role in the growth of the power tool industry through innovation in the 60s and 80s. Their products aren’t considered the most powerful but this is offset by the lower price tag. This budget price makes Black & Decker tools perfect for casual DIYers looking for something cheap.
How do I Save Money?
Like most products, you aren’t forced into buying the latest and greatest. This can pay off massively when it comes to getting your money’s worth on power tools. Opting for a slightly older model from a pricier brand allows you to obtain products that would have originally been out of your price range. Of course, the trade-off is missing out on the latest technology and features but to be honest, most of us will do just fine without them!
Wrapping it up
There we have it, 6 of the best cordless tool set / combo kits on the market. Upon review, we have chosen the Makita XT611PT 6-pc combo kit as our best pick.
The lineup of tools Makita have put together in this kit provides a first-class experience that can’t be topped. Professionals will be covered from all bases by a set of high performing products that are reliable, feature-rich and productive. Truly a worthwhile investment for anyone serious about their power tools.
Life is too short to put up with subpar, underpowered tools. Go with the Makita XT611PT 6-pc combo kit and rest easy in the knowledge you have the best money can buy!