Disclaimer: None of our reviews are sponsored. We earn a commission when you purchase items through our links.
A cordless drill and impact driver are two of the most popular cordless tools.
There’s no better way to invest in your favorite brand than to get a combo kit with a case.
These kits can also save you a lot of money as they often include batteries, charger and various other accessories as part of the package.
Below you will see 5 of the best cordless drill & impact driver combo kits currently on the market. We have listed the key features of each alongside the pros, cons and an overview to make your decision as straight forward as possible.
Here's 3 products we picked out that thought you would be interested in depending on your budget...
The Best Cordless Drill & Impact Driver Combo Kits 2020
Here is a list of the best cordless drill & impact driver combo kits we found:
1. DEWALT DCK299P2 20V MAX XR Brushless Cordless Drill & Driver Combo Kit
- DCD996 ½’’ hammer drill with 3-speed levels
- High performance, all-metal transmission (0 – 2,000 RPM)
- DCF887 ¼’’ impact driver with 1,825 in-lbs of max torque
- Speeds of 0 – 3,250 RPM & 3,600 impacts per minute (IPM)
- 2 x DCB205 20V MAX XR high capacity Li-Ion batteries (5.0Ah)
- Also included: charger, 2 x belt hooks, 360-degree side handle & contractor bag
- Both tools are compact, lightweight & durable
- Powerful enough for commercial use
- Large capacity batteries with LED charge indicators
- The case would benefit from being slightly larger
- Drill driver chuck is easily overtightened
The Dewalt DCK283D2 premium cordless hammer drill & impact driver combo kit features the DCD996 hammer drill and DCF887 ¼’’ impact driver alongside two DCB205 20V MAX XR high capacity Li-Ion batteries (5.0Ah), a charger, 2 x belt hooks, 360-degree side handle & contractor case.
The DCD996 hammer drill with heavy-duty ½’’ metal clutch sports 3-speed settings with variable speed trigger, ideal for all sorts of applications. At just 8.4’’ from front to back it has been designed with tight spaces in mind. 3-mode LED lighting helps illuminate these confined working conditions.
DCF887 ¼’’ impact driver offers a staggering 1,825in-lbs of maximum torque with up to 3,250 RPM and 3,600 IPM. Like the DCD996 drill, it is also compact in design (5.3’’ front to back). The DCB205 Li-ion batteries weigh just 1.42lbs and feature built-in LED charge meters.
The DCK283D2 premium combo kit from Dewalt is the best out there, period. Large capacity batteries deliver prolonged power with minimal downtime so you can focus on your work.
2. CRAFTSMAN CMCK210C2 V20 Cordless Drill & Impact Driver Kit
- CMCD710 ½’’ drill driver providing 350-unit watts out
- 2-speed gearbox (0 – 600 & 0 – 1,900 RPM)
- ½’’ ratcheting chuck
- CMCF810 ¼’’ impact driver delivers 1,500 in-lbs of torque
- Generates up to 2,800 RPM & 3,500 IPM
- ¼’’ hex quick release chuck
- Also included: 2 x 20V MAX Lithium Ion batteries, charger and storage bag
- Feel great in the hand
- Batteries hold plenty of charge for long jobs
- Brilliant value for money
- The plastic that houses the batteries feels cheap
- Storage case would be better than a bag
CRAFTMAN’s CMCK210C2 2 tool combo kit features the CMCD710 drill/driver, CMCF810 impact driver, 2 x 20V MAX Lithium-ion batteries, 1 x lithium-ion charger and a storage bag. Both units are compact and lightweight with comfortable over molded grips for added comfort and reduced fatigue.
The CMCD710 drill/driver features a ½’’ ratcheting chuck to fit a selection of drill bits depending on the application. 350-unit watts out of power provides more than enough to complete tough jobs and a 2-speed gearbox gives users a high torque or high-speed setting to work with.
The CMCF810 impact driver with a maximum torque output of 1,500 in-lbs features a ¼’’ quick-release chuck to allow for quick and easy one-handed bit changes. It is also capable of generating up to 3,500 IPM and 2,800 BPM. A powerful impact mechanism helps drive those heavy-duty fasteners.
CRAFTMAN’s CMCK210C2 2 tool combo kit comes with high-quality accessories that add tremendous value to the overall package. The tools themselves provide more than enough torque and power for seasoned professionals and are easy enough to use for DIYer’s.
3. PORTER-CABLE PCCK604L2 20V MAX Cordless Drill Driver Combo Kit
- Excellent low price
- Magnetic bit holders
- Good quality
- Not designed for professional use
- Battery capacity is rather low (1.3Ah)
The PORTER CABLE PCCK604L2 cordless combo kit includes the PCC601 compact drill/driver and PCC641 ¼’’ hex impact driver alongside two PCC681L 20V MAX batteries, a double-ended bit tip and a #2 Philips head bit.
The PCC601 houses a high-performance motor rated for 283-unit watts out. A two-speed gearbox with 24 position slip clutch offers a high torque low speed (0 – 350 RPM) and low torque high-speed setting (0 – 1,500 RPM). At just 8-1/4’’ long and 3.5lbs it is built for tight spots.
The PCC641 ¼’’ impact driver delivers 1,450 in-lbs of torque, 0 – 2,800 RPM and 0 – 3,100 BPM. A quick load chuck allows quick one-handed bit changes. 6-9/10’’ in length with a weight of 3-1/3lbs. Both tools have ergonomic handles for comfortable usage, magnetic bit storage and in-built LEDs to illuminate dim working conditions.
The PCCK604L2 cordless combo kit from PORTER CABLE is geared towards the homeowner who wants to take household repairs into their own hands. Do not let the budget price of this combo put you off! It still provides high levels of build quality and performance that will see you breeze through an array of home projects.
4. Milwaukee Electric Tools 2997-22 Hammer Drill Impact Driver Kit
- 2804-20 M18 ½’’ hammer drill rated for 1,200 in-lbs of max torque
- The powerstate brushless motor produces speeds up to 2,000 RPM
- 2853-20 M18 impact driver with ¼’’ hex chuck
- 4-mode drive control with self-tapping mode
- 2 x Milwaukee 18V RedLithium 5.0Ah batteries
- Charger, hard carrying case, belt clips, bit holders & side handle
- Wide selection of impact driver torque settings
- Overload & overheating prevention system
- Both units are incredibly compact
- Not the cheapest combo kit
- Possible chuck quality issues
The Milwaukee 2997-22 combo kit features updated models which are more compact and ergonomic in design than the previous generation. This is down to a change in how the clutch and hammer mechanism integrate.
The M18 2804-20 FUEL 1/2″ Hammer Drill is powered by a powerstate brushless motor producing speeds up to 2,000 RPM and peak torque of 1,200 in-lbs. There are 14 clutch settings. Also features Redlink plus technology to prevent overloads and overheating. Tool only weight of 3.2lb. 6.9’’ in length.
The M18 2853-20 FUEL impact driver with 4-mode drive control delivers 2,000 in-lbs of maximum torque. Modes are set at 0 – 1,900(1,200), 2,800(3,400), 3,600(4,300) RPM(IPM) and a self-tapping screw mode at mode 4. This final mode is designed to prevent snapping the heads off screws or ruining your bits. Tool only weight of 2.2lbs. Length of 4.6’’
The Milwaukee 2997-22 Hammer Drill/Impact Driver Kit offers a diverse drill/driver combo that may just be the most compact on the market. If you often find yourself working in tight spaces this is the kit for you, and with a variety of torque settings, you can adapt to different applications on the fly.
5. Makita XT269M 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Brushless Drill Driver Kit
- XPH12Z 18V LXT 2-speed ½’’ hammer driver-drill (0 – 500 & 0 – 2,000 RPM)
- BL brushless motor delivers 530 in-lbs of max torque
- XDT13Z 18V LXT variable speed impact driver with 1,500 in-lbs of torque
- Two variable speeds of 0 – 3,400 RPM & 0 – 3,600 IPM
- 2 x 18V LXT Li-ion 4.0Ah batteries, 18V Li-ion charger & tool case
- Fast recharge
- Charger with 3-stage LED charge level indicator
- Both tools super lightweight
- Plastic chuck affects overall build quality
- Batteries are expensive to replace
Both tools included in Makita’s XT269M combo kit run on electronically controlled brushless motors. This allows for precise torque and speed application to suit your needs. Both tools also house LEDs for improved visibility.
The XPH12Z 18V LXT hammer drill comes with eXtreme Protection Technology (XPT) for improved dust and water resistance. It delivers 530 in-lbs of max torque and speed options of 0 – 500 & 2,000 RPM. Weighs just 3.6lbs with the battery.
XDT13Z 18V LXT impact driver delivers 1,500 in-lbs of max torque alongside variable speeds of 3,400 RPM and 3,600 IPM. It comes even lighter than the XPH12Z at just 2.8lbs, and with its compact design, you shouldn’t have any issues working in tight spaces.
Makita has designed every aspect of this kit to help you be as productive as possible. Everyone from DIYers to plumbers can benefit from the excellent run times, ample torque and user-friendly design while working with different materials, screws and bolts.
6. Bosch CLPK27-120 12V Max Combo Kit Drill & Impact Driver
- Excellent value for money
- Full charge in just 30 minutes
- Incredibly light & compact
- PS21 does not have a chuck
- Lack of some top-end speed due to being 12v
The Bosch CLPK27-120 combo kit features two lightweight and compact tools with a comprehensive set of accessories that allow you to get started right out of the box. The charger, in particular, is of excellent quality, taking just 30 minutes to charge either battery.
The Bosch PS21 two-speed pocket driver offers 265 in-lbs of torque with 20+1 clutch settings for precise torque adjustments and screwdriving. The PS41 impact driver delivers 930 in-lbs of torque, 2,600 max RPMs and up to 3,100 BPM. It has an on-board fuel gauge for easy battery management.
Both the PS21 and PS41 share a couple of features, these include; variable speed triggers for enhanced user control, soft-grip handles and a 3 LED light ring for visibility. At 12v neither tool offers the kind of power and speeds that professionals would require on the job.
The CLPK27-120 combo set from Bosch is for the more casual user looking for a compact impact driver/drill duo that still packs a punch for an affordable price. If you’re in the market for a couple of reliable DIY tools from a reputable brand, this kit deserves some serious consideration.
Wrapping it up
After considering all key factors such as power, battery life, build quality and torque control, one kit stands above the rest.
The Dewalt DCK283D2 premium cordless hammer drill & impact driver combo kit provides high capacity 5.0Ah batteries which allow prolonged periods of work without power issues.
Both hammer drill and impact driver can handle light and heavy applications due to precise and wide-ranging torque control settings backed by powerful and energy-efficient 20v brushless motors.
The Dewalt DCK283D2 truly offers a best in class experience. However, don’t just take our word for it! Try it out for yourself and let us know what you think!
Looking for a bigger combo kit? Take a look at the best cordless tool sets we found on the market.
Top rated cordless drills on the market
Top rated right angle drills to buy