Disclaimer: None of our reviews are sponsored. We earn a commission when you purchase items through our links.
Sometimes, you need a continuous power source for your jigsaw to complete a project within your deadline.
But, with so many corded models available, how do you choose the best one?
Purchasing the wrong corded jigsaw can leave you frustrated and short on time as you try to make it work for your project.
Our short guide will give you suggestions on the best corded jigsaws on the current market that fit into any budget, and they come from reputable brands.
Here's 3 products we picked out that thought you would be interested in depending on your budget...
Best Corded Jigsaws with Reviews
Here's a list of the best corded jigsaws we found on the market:
1. DEWALT DW331K - Top Pick
- Uses a powerful 6.5 Amp motor to cut through tough materials.
- Has a keyless lever-action blade clamp for quick blade changes.
- The four-position orbital action allows for more aggressive cuts.
- Comes with a system to make flush cuts without up cutting.
- The counter-balance reduces operator fatigue and vibration levels.
- Delivers 500 to 3,100 strokes a minute
- Has an all-metal gear case
- Positive bevel detents ensure accuracy
- Trigger button wiggles
- Blade release arm is fragile
- Bevel adjustment can slip
The DEWALT DW331K is a good corded jigsaw for professional contractors because it offers a host of impressive features like the ability to reduce vibration and fatigue while allowing you to make perfect bevel cuts. The extra-large rubber grip is ergonomic and allows for extended use without cramping.
The non-marring plastic shoe cover will protect any glossy surfaces you cut from scratching, and the blower fan will keep debris out of the cutting field to ensure there are exact cuts every time. The variable cutting speed gives precision control over the jigsaw, and the powerful motor will cut through a range of materials.
Any professional contractor should seriously consider adding the DEWALT DW331K to their toolbox. Not only does this corded jigsaw come from a reputable brand, but it offers an excellent value for the price. If you have several big jobs coming up that will require exact cuts, this is the jigsaw to help you keep your project on track. It’ll tackle small and large projects without stalling.
2. Makita 4329K Corded Jigsaw - Best Value
- Features an ergonomically designed rubber grip for maximum comfort.
- Uses a variable speed cutting control switch for greater cut accuracy.
- The die-cast aluminum base is very durable and tilts up to 45°.
- The dust port will keep the work area clear throughout the project.
- Has a very compact and lightweight design to reduce fatigue.
- Has a full year warranty
- Large trigger switch for easy operation
- Lock-in button for extended use
- No work light
- Changing blades is time-consuming
- Shoe is very rigid and flat
The Makita 4329K is a good corded jigsaw if you need a great value for the money without sacrificing necessary features like a counterweight balancing system or a rubberized grip to reduce operator fatigue. The variable speed control ensures you get those precision cuts with a high level of accuracy.
There’s a die-cast aluminum base that will adjust up to 45° right or left to give you a solid cutting performance. The 3.9-amp motor delivers enough power to cut through thick or thin materials without stalling or creating rough edges. The orbital settings plus the straight cutting edge are nice, too.
If you’re a diehard DIYer or a part-time contractor, the Makita 4329K is a solid jigsaw to have at your disposal. You get a lot of features without breaking your bank, and it comes backed by a very well-known brand with dozens of satisfied customers. If you plan to fix up a few things around your home or you have a project coming up, the lock-in button will ensure you get a smooth operation from start to finish.
3. BLACK+DECKER BDEJS600C - Best for The Money
- Easy to adjust the blade’s curve using one of four orbital settings.
- The adjustable shoe lends stability to bevel cuts.
- The new wire guard will protect the blade while you use the jigsaw.
- Features a keyless blade clamp that makes changing the blade a quick process.
- Uses an integrated dust blower to keep the work area clear.
- 5-amp variable speed motor
- Wire guard gives a clear sight line
- Very lightweight and compact
- Blade lock loses spring tension
- Too weak for thick materials
- Dust stays in the cutting path
The BLACK+DECKER BDEJS600C is a cost-effective option for helping you complete those small projects around the house. The curve control technology lets you adjust the jigsaw’s orbit through four settings for precision cuts, and the motor gives you up to 3,000 SPM of cutting power per application.
There is a new and improved wire guard that helps keep your cut line in sight, and the dust blower keeps your work area a little cleaner. The keyless blade clamp allows you to swap out the blades without using any tools to save time, and the lightweight design reduces fatigue.
If you’re a woodworking hobbyist, you’ll want to consider the BLACK+DECKER BDEJS600C jigsaw. It comes from a reputable brand, but it also packs in a lot of power for the best price. Maybe you plan to upgrade something around your home or you have a small woodworking project to complete. This corded jigsaw’s powerful motor will help move your project along while saving your arms from fatigue.
4. Bosch JS470E Corded Jigsaw
- Four-in-one orbital action gives you varied blade strokes for aggressive to smooth cuts.
- Comes with a low vibration design to increase your accuracy levels.
- The large, sturdy die-cast foot helps guide your blade along.
- Has a soft-grip handle that gives you a steady hold without fatigue.
- The dust blower lever removes debris from your work area
- Powerful 7.0-amp motor
- Blade change lever included
- Variable speed dial
- No laser or LED lighting
- Difficult to see cut position
- Heavier design at 10 pounds
The Bosch JS470E is a heavy-duty option if you want a professional-grade jigsaw that’s slightly more high end. It’s packed with several great features that make it a solid buy like the four-in-one orbital action tool that gives you a variety of blade strokes to match aggressive or smooth cut requirements.
There’s a variable speed dial with an accelerator trigger that lets you set and control the operating speed. The ambidextrous lock button provides steadiness with your work while increasing your comfort level by decreasing your reach. It has an internal precision machined plunging system that gives a smooth operation from start to finish.
If you’re a contractor or professional, you’ll want to consider adding the Bosch JS470E to your toolkit. Not only does it come from a reputable brand, but it has a lot of satisfied customers backing it. This compact corded jigsaw is a great tool to help you power through those big remodels or those small projects for your customers. The precision control can make your project go faster as well.
5. SKIL 4495-02 Jigsaw
- Uses a powerful 6.0-amp motor to cut through heavy material.
- The four position orbital cut control gives smoother and faster cuts.
- There is a built-in laser to ensure a high degree of accuracy.
- A custom molded tool rest prevents damage to the blade.
- The variable speed trigger adjusts the speed to cut.
- Comes with two different blades
- Has a very versatile design
- Very maneuverable and lightweight
- Requires a lot of strength
- Shavings fly in your face
- Difficult to cut a straight line
The SKIL 4495-02 is a good jigsaw if you want a lot of power packed into a compact design at a lower price. The 6.0-amp motor gives the blades enough power to cut through thicker material, and the built-in laser guide helps to ensure a high level of accuracy for straight cuts.
There is a four-position orbital cut control that allows fast and smooth cutting action, and the variable speed trigger gives precision control over your cutting surface. There is also a custom molded tool rest design that cushions the blade and stops it from damaging your materials.
If you’re a DIYer or someone who likes to fix things yourself, the SKIL 4495-02 is the tool to have on hand. It comes from a beloved brand, and it won’t break your bank. It can take on more aggressive jobs or projects that require a little finesse with a high precision rate. The lightweight design reduces fatigue, and the year warranty gives you peace of mind that comes with knowing SKIL backs their products.
As you can most likely tell from our reviews, not all corded models are created equal.
Every user has different requirements and needs, and this is why they vary so much. A DIY hobbyist who is going to install a new counter in their kitchen will need different specifications than a professional contractor.
If you just want a high-quality corded jigsaw, we’re going to break down the biggest factors you should consider before you make your final selection. Consider the following, and we promise it will be much easier to choose the best option for your needs.
The number of times your blade moves up and down in 60 seconds in the blade speed, and it’ll read as strokes per minute (SPM). Corded jigsaws have a SPM range of 500 to over 3,000. For home DIY projects, a corded jigsaw with 500 SPM is more than efficient. For professional woodworkers, the higher the SPM, the better.
Steel vs. Cast Aluminum Sole Plate
The sole plate plays a pivotal role in any jigsaw, so you want one that will last. Steel is the cheaper option, but it’s lightweight and durable. Cast aluminum is the more expensive choice, but it’s heavier. This will retain its shape better if you ding or drop it.
Many people forget about the handle style, and they pay for it later with fatigue. Most corded models come with a D-shaped or barrel handle. The barrel handle is easier to grip and get cleaner cuts, but it’s not as comfortable. The D-shaped handle is very easy to hold and comfortable, and it works well if you need more maneuverability. However, it’s harder to stay straight.
A jigsaw’s power gets measured in watts with the higher wattage being more powerful. The majority of corded models will have a power rating between 500 and 1,000 watts. Low-level jobs can get by with 500 watts, but you’ll need more power for bigger tasks.
There are several reputable brands out there that produce high-quality corded jigsaws. Ideally, you want to pick a well-known brand that has a solid reputation. Choosing a brand like this will ensure you can reach customer service if you need it, and it’ll help you track reviews for different products. Additionally, a quality brand stands behind their products, and many offer a warranty.
Wrapping it up
Both professional contractors and amateur DIYers can benefit from having the DEWALT DW331K. Not only can it cut through almost any material smoothly, but the variable speed options give you precision control with 500 to 3,100 strokes every minute. It has a reputable brand behind it, and the 6.5-amp motor delivers continuous power for large and small projects.
All of these features combine to make the DEWALT DW331K our top pick for the best corded jigsaw. It’s powerful enough for professional woodworkers and contractors to use, and it comes packed with features they’ll use on their job sites. You’ll make flush cuts without cutting up for a picture-perfect finish.
Other Jigsaw Guides
Ultimate Battery Powered Jigsaws
Jigsaws under $100 – which is the winner?