Disclaimer: None of our reviews are sponsored. We earn a commission when you purchase items through our links.
Narrowing down the best compact router can be a tough job with so many available.
For this post we have narrowed your choice down to 5 top picks.
These are proven picks backed by real user reviews – so they are tried and tested!
On this page:
Best Compact Router with Reviews 2020
Here's a list of the best compact routers on the market:
2. Bosch Colt PR20EVS Compact Palm Router
- PR20EVS Colt Palm Router features a 1.0 HorsePower 5.6 amp variable speed motor with speeds from 16,000 to 35,000 rpm
- Convenient: Provides a straight edge guide to lead router along edges of work piece or up to 3-5/8 inch from edge; The wood router also features an angled cord exit to keep the cord out of the way...
- Durable: The rugged aluminum fixed base of the wood router is durable, solid and precise; The PR20EVS features unique finger support pockets for additional stability, especially when trimming edges
- Precision: The fast and precise depth adjustment system allows both macro and micro adjustment while the quick clamp system allows motor to be easily adjusted or moved from base to base
- Versatile: The PR20EVS provides enhanced bit capacity with a fixed base that accepts bits up to 1 5/16 inch in diameter; Versatile bit changing system allows for fast, easy bit changes using two...
4. Porter-Cable 450 Compact Router
- Ergonomically designed to allow for comfortable and assured, single handed control
- Durable 1.25HP motor delivers the power to meet the toughest applications, Fixed speed, 27,000 rpm
- Soft-starting motor features full-time electronic feedback that maintains motor speed through the cut
- Adjustment ring enables controlled bit depth changes to within 1/64-inch
- Depth ring and clamping mechanism combine to ensure motor remains locked in position
5. Ridgid R2401 Compact Router
- Round and Square Bases - for added versatility and convenience
- Easy Access Micro Adjust Dial – for precise depth control
- Flat Top – router sits upside down for easier bit changes
- No Mar Top – Overmold on top of router prevents marring of work surface
- Quick Release Lever – allows for easy removal of motor from base