Is this track saw manufactured by Festool really as good as they say?
In this review our experts will be diving into the spec and features of this product to find the truth for you.
We will also be finding out how other professionals have found this product. At the end of the day these are the people on site putting this Festool TS 75 EQ to the test.
On this page
The TS 75 plunge cut saw excels in power and accuracy.
This product is more than capable of cutting through tough materials like solid doors or window frames.
If you jump on board with using this product it will not be a decision you regret.
- High accuracy cutting
- Splinter free cuts
- Manufactured with safety in mind
- Power cord is not the longest
- Not the cheapest when compared to close competitors
- Power consumption: 1,600 watt, 13 amp
- Saw weight: 13.6 lbs.
- Cutting depth: 0″ – 2-15/16″
- Cutting depth at 45°: 2-1/8″
- Saw blade diameter: 8-1/4″
- Dust extraction connection dia.: 1-1/16″ ID, 1-7/16″ OD
- Angular range: -1 to 47 °
Accuracy is an all-important factor when it comes to cutting materials.
This guide rail enables laser-straight cuts for users within seconds.
A rubber lip on the rail has been inputted to give the user a splinter-free experience.
The TS 75 is the most powerful plunge cut saw offered by Festool.
The 1600 watt motor allows you to slice straight through tough materials with no worries about splitting or burn marks.
A spring-loaded riving knife also known as a “splitter” has been loaded on to the spec of this cutter.
The purpose of the splitter is to prevent the material from pinching the blade.
This is achieved by ensuring the cut kerf is open during cutting.
The knife automatically retracts during cutting for safety reasons.
Safe and easy blade changes whilst using the technology created for the Festool TS 75.
The arbor and power switch simultaneously lock whilst this product is engaged.
The TS 75 is also position locked to enable easy release of the arbor bolt.
It couldn’t really be any easier for the user to switch over blades.
What Users Say
Our team took a look around on the web to find out how owners of the TS 75 have found it when used on site.
One thing that we picked up on was a consistent amount of comments in regards to how accurate this product really is when it comes to cutting materials.
We also picked up on a large number of comments about how users have been pleasantly surprised how lightweight and easy to move the TS 75 is.
One comment that did pop up a few times is the fact that it isn’t the cheapest however users are saying it’s worth the price tag.See the TS 75 on Amazon
Roundup: Key Features
- 3 bearing motor for smooth performance
- Electronic variable speed control
- Soft start and automatic idle cut down
- Guide rail for straight and splinter free cuts
- Spring loaded splitter to reduce kick back
- Slip clutch to keep wear on the blade, motor and gear casing to a minimal
- MMC electronics fast fix system to make blade changes safer and easier
- Rotating dust port to keep the hose from interfering
The TS 75 definitely fits nicely into Festools top-quality manufacturing when it comes to saws.
If you’re looking for a clean cut and some nicely engineered add ons then this is the tool for you.
Other than the fact that it’s not the cheapest on the market and the power cord isn’t slightly shorter than some of its competitors the TS 75 hasn’t got much else to complain about.