Disclaimer: None of our reviews are sponsored. We earn a commission when you purchase items through our links.
LED work lights provide you with illumination in shaded or dark spaces, and they’re a necessity if you’re working on any form of a construction project.
Purchasing the right one is critical if you want a functioning product at an affordable price.
Buying a work light that malfunctions or is quite dim could lead to poor craftsmanship or injury.
In this article, we’ll look at ten of the best LED work lights available to consumers today.
On this page:
The Best LED Work Light with Reviews
Here's a list of the best LED work lights we found:
1. Bosch GLI18V-1900N Portable LED Floodlight
- Innovative high-power LED - supplies the brightest light (1, 900 lm) in its Class
- Adjustable brightness - offers more runtime at 1, 000 lm or brighter light at 1, 900 lm
- Outstanding runtime - compatible with any battery in the Bosch 18 V Lithium-Ion system, this floodlight can run ten hours on an 18 V, 6.0 Ah battery
- Swiveling stand - offers 120° adjustment and five positions for adaptable setup
- Threaded for tripod use - provides a 5/8 in.-11 thread mount for compatibility with standard tripods
2. DEWALT DCL050 Cordless LED Hand Held Work Light
- 3 Bright Leds Illuminate Dark Jobsite Work Areas
- 2 Brightness Settings Of 500 Lumens & 250 Lumens Provide Flexibility For Maximum Light Output Or Extended Run Time
- 140deg Pivoting Head Provides Versatility For Lighting Work Surfaces
- Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. Nominal voltage is 18
- 3 Bright LED's illuminates dark jobsite work areas
- Brightness Settings; 500 & 250 Lumens
3. Milwaukee M18 LED Hp Work Light
4. Cat CT1000 Handheld Portable LED Light
- The Cat CT1000 Pocket COB (chip on board) portable work lights has a magnetic base and rear pocket clip
- On-Demand Lighting: Work light produces 175 lumens of COB LED Light for a flooding beam of light when and where you need it
- Convenience On-Hand: A magnetic base and rear pocket clip makes it easy to mount your light wherever need for hands-free operation and convenience
- Lightweight-Yet-Durable: Designed with a lightweight, heavy-duty ABS thermoplastic body that is water and impact resistant in a bright yellow/black color
- Batteries Included: The Cat CT1000 comes with 3 standard AAA batteries that will last up to 7 hours continuous runtime
- All-New-Technology: Each light uses new COB technology for greatly increased lumen-output per square inch
5. Bosch FL12 LED Cordless Work Light
- ILLUMINATION: The Bosch FL12 12-Volt Max Work Light offers best-in-class illumination and brightness. With 10 high intensity LED lights, the FL12 provides unrivaled illumination
- VERSATILITY: The Bosch work light features 200 degree articulation, 2 powerful magnets, a carabiner clip, 1/4-Inch screw thread for standard tripod compatibility and a nail hook to mount and...
- LONGEVITY: The work light offers 6 hours of runtime with a 2.0Ah battery and 12 hours of runtime with a 4.0Ah battery, and runtime is doubled when the dim function is used. Battery not included
- DURABLE: With its robust housing and tough design, the FL12 work light offers high durability
6. Ustellar 4500LM LED Work Light
- 【EASY TO USE】- 16.4 FT/ 5 M cord length with plug. Easy to install and mounted / hang in anywhere as you like Come.
- 【2 BRIGHTNESS LEVELS】- 55W 5500LM super bright work lights with 2 brightness level. You can adjust its brightness infinitely from 28W to 55W by the switch depending on your requirements in...
- 【IP65 WATERPROOF】- IP65. Sealed on/off switch; For indoor/outdoor dry location.
- 【FLEXIBLE】- Adjustable angle knobs allow easy tilting of the light.
- 【EFFICENT COOLING &LONG LIFESPAN】- And the fixture is designed with a fin type heat sink, which means it acts like a radiator to dissipate heat And extremely long life reduces re-lamp frequency....
7. Hallomall 15W 24LED Rechargeable Work Light
- 15W 24LED super bright LED work lights, bright enough.
- With 2 Blue and 2 Red Flashing LEDS, the best gear in a roadside emergency.
- Built in high quality lithium battery and with 2USB port to charge the mobile devices.
- Portable and Lightweight work light, easy to carry or put onto the ground with the stand or hanging for camping, fishing,even if the back-up when it's power cut.
- 360° Rotating and waterproof durable outdoor spotlights to meet more requirements.
8. Tacklife 5000LM 50W LED Work Light
- 【 Extreme Brightness & Power Saving 】-With 5000 lumens to illuminate wherever & whenever your need it. Built in with 100 new generation LED lights, equivalent of 400w halogen bulb. While...
- 【 Portability & Flexibility 】- Built with 120-degree beam angle, 270-degree rotation with adjustable knobs on frame, 360-degree rotation on the axis, provide you with almost all angle shine.
- 【Great heat Dissipation】The practical design style with the whole black painted back site to displace heat, Ensuing a long life span of the product.
- 【Solid built & Waterproof】 Anti-rust paint with the High quality aluminium stand and handle, foaming handle coverage provide a strong grip when needed. Built with IP65 waterproof standard made...
- 【12-month warranty】One year warranty with great customer services, buy it without worries.
9. PowerSmith PWL2140TS Tripod LED Work Light
- POWERFUL - 4,000 TRUE Lumen Brightness, 5,000K Color Temperature | When you need a brilliant light to view your next project that allows you to see in vivid detail, grab a PowerSmith LED Work Light...
- CONVENIENCE - 9 ft power cord with grounded plug while other brands have shorter cords | When you need those couple of extra feet without moving a tangled extension cord, Choose PowerSmith LED Work...
- LONGEVITY - Long-lasting Super-bright leds | 50,000 hour rating and no maintenance ever!
- VERSATILITY - Adjustable tilt: up to 30° down and 90° up | Position the light exactly where you need it at the height you need it with the included Metal Tripod!
- DURABILITY - Sealed die-cast aluminum housing and metal Tripod | Rugged, Durable, and ready for ANY weather condition. An IP65 rating means the PowerSmith LED Work Light is ready for your next outdoor...
Consider Your Projects
When purchasing your next work light, you need to consider the projects you’re working on. Will you need light for large surfaces or workpieces? Are your projects of a professional or hobby nature? Will multiple people be working on the project at the same time?
These questions can help you determine the strength of the work light that you need. Understanding your needs will help you improve your purchasing decision.
Consider Your Working Conditions
Working conditions are just as necessary to consider. If you are in a dim-lit area, it’s essential to have a powerful light. If you’re working without power access, you need something that will run without grounded support. If you’re exposed to elements, make sure you light is durable and waterproof.
Should I Buy Corded or Battery-based Work Lights?
If you’re planning on working remotely with little access to power sources, the battery-based work lights are your best option. If you have constant access to grounded power, a corded work light will provide better lighting.
How Many Work Lights Do I Need?
If you want to avoid shadows interfering with your work, you may want to buy multiple lights to set up at different angles.
Can Work Lights Be Used for Other Purposes?
Yes – work lights are often used as camping lights, floodlights, and emergency lights.
Wrapping It Up
As you can tell, there’s plenty to think about when you purchase your next work light. However, don’t get ahead of yourself; think about what you’re looking for in a light and prioritize what’s important.
The PowerSmith Dual-Head LED Work Light is our choice for the best LED work light due to its bright output, two adjustable heads, and tripod stand. It is excellent for anyone from the casual hobbyist to the industrial contractor.