Disclaimer: None of our reviews are sponsored. We earn a commission when you purchase items through our links.
LED work lights provide you with illumination in shaded or dark spaces, and they’re a necessity if you’re working on any form of a construction project.
Purchasing the right one is critical if you want a functioning product at an affordable price.
Buying a work light that malfunctions or is quite dim could lead to poor craftsmanship or injury.
In this article, we’ll look at ten of the best LED work lights available to consumers today.
On this page:
The Best LED Work Light with Reviews 2020
Here's a list of the best LED work lights we found:
1. Bosch GLI18V-1900N Portable LED Floodlight
- HIGH-POWERED: supplies the brightest light (1,900 lm) in its Class
- ADJUSTABLE BRIGHTNESS: offers more runtime at 1,000 lm or brighter light at 1,900 lm
- OUTSTANDING RUNTIME: compatible with any battery in the Bosch 18V Lithium-Ion system, this floodlight can run ten hours on an 18V, 6.0 Ah battery (not included)
- SWIVELING STAND: offers 120° adjustment and five positions for adaptable setup
- TRIPOD USE: provides a 5/8 in. -11 thread mount for compatibility with standard tripods
2. DEWALT DCL050 Cordless LED Hand Held Work Light
- 3 bright LEDs of the portable work light illuminate dark jobsite work areas
- DEWALT work light featuring 2 brightness settings with 500 and 250 lumens provides flexibility for maximum light output or extended run-time
- 140 degree pivoting head of the rechargeable work light provides versatility for lighting work surfaces
- Built-in telescoping and 360-degree rotating hook allows unit to hang from 2-inch materials and multiple locations
- Over-molded lens cover provides increased durability and a non-marring surface for the jobsite
- Belt hook compatible - add belt hook accessory to provide increased versatility for transportation
3. Milwaukee M18 LED Hp Work Light
4. Cat CT1000 Handheld Portable LED Light
- COB LED WORK LIGHT: This portable work light has a magnetic base & rear pocket clip to deliver on-demand lighting, producing 175 lumens of COB LED for a flooding beam of light where you need it
- HEAVY DUTY: Designed with a lightweight, heavy-duty ABS thermoplastic body that's water & impact resistant, this light comes with 3 AAA batteries that will provide up to 7 hours of continuous runtime
- THE WORK LIGHTING EXPERTS: We specialize in making rugged & durable work lighting, including COB LED extreme work lights, LED headlights & neck lights, underhood lights, focusing lights & more
- INNOVATION AT ITS FINEST: Cat lights are top quality lighting products with leading-edge technology that meets the highest professional standards. All of our lights feature the latest LED technology...
5. Bosch FL12 LED Cordless Work Light
- ILLUMINATION: offers best-in-class illumination and brightness, with 10 high intensity LED lights, providing unrivaled illumination
- VERSATILITY: features 200 degree articulation, 2 powerful magnets, a carabiner clip, 1/4 Inch screw thread for standard tripod compatibility and a nail hook to mount and illuminate a targeted work...
- LONGEVITY: offers 6 hours of runtime with a 2.0Ah battery (not included) and 12 hours of runtime with a 4.0Ah battery (not included)
- DIM FUNCTION: runtime is doubled when the dim function is used
- DURABLE: with its robust housing and tough design, the FL12 work light offers high durability
9. PowerSmith PWL2140TS Tripod LED Work Light
- POWERFUL – 4,000 TRUE Lumen Brightness, 5,000K Color Temperature | When you need a brilliant light to view your next project that allows you to see in vivid detail, grab a PowerSmith LED Work Light...
- CONVENIENCE – 9 ft power cord with grounded plug while other brands have shorter cords | When you need those couple of extra feet without moving a tangled extension cord, Choose PowerSmith LED Work...
- LONGEVITY - Long-lasting Super-bright leds | 50,000 hour rating and no maintenance ever!
- VERSATILITY - Adjustable tilt: up to 30° down and 90° up | Position the light exactly where you need it at the height you need it with the included Metal Tripod!
- DURABILITY - Sealed die-cast aluminum housing and metal Tripod | Rugged, Durable, and ready for ANY weather condition. An IP65 rating means the PowerSmith LED Work Light is ready for your next outdoor...
Consider Your Projects
When purchasing your next work light, you need to consider the projects you’re working on. Will you need light for large surfaces or workpieces? Are your projects of a professional or hobby nature? Will multiple people be working on the project at the same time?
These questions can help you determine the strength of the work light that you need. Understanding your needs will help you improve your purchasing decision.
Consider Your Working Conditions
Working conditions are just as necessary to consider. If you are in a dim-lit area, it’s essential to have a powerful light. If you’re working without power access, you need something that will run without grounded support. If you’re exposed to elements, make sure you light is durable and waterproof.
Should I Buy Corded or Battery-based Work Lights?
If you’re planning on working remotely with little access to power sources, the battery-based work lights are your best option. If you have constant access to grounded power, a corded work light will provide better lighting.
How Many Work Lights Do I Need?
If you want to avoid shadows interfering with your work, you may want to buy multiple lights to set up at different angles.
Can Work Lights Be Used for Other Purposes?
Yes – work lights are often used as camping lights, floodlights, and emergency lights.
Wrapping It Up
As you can tell, there’s plenty to think about when you purchase your next work light. However, don’t get ahead of yourself; think about what you’re looking for in a light and prioritize what’s important.
The PowerSmith Dual-Head LED Work Light is our choice for the best LED work light due to its bright output, two adjustable heads, and tripod stand. It is excellent for anyone from the casual hobbyist to the industrial contractor.