Disclaimer: None of our reviews are sponsored. We earn a commission when you purchase items through our links.
If you’re a laminate floor installer – owning a laminate floor cutter is a must.
Deciding which tools is right for you might be a tough choice given the options available…
We’ve put together this short list of some of the top models available as well as a buying guide at the end.
Here's 3 products we picked out that thought you would be interested in depending on your budget...
On this page:
The Best Laminate Floor Cutter with Reviews
Here's a list of the best laminate floor cutters we found:
1. Bullet Tools 13 in. EZ Shear Laminate Flooring Cutter
- Made in the USA
- One of the top sellers
- Highly reviewed
- Adjustable Handle
- Cuts multiple types of material
Not so Good
- Slightly heavier than other options
- No protractor for precise angled cuts
- Handle doesn’t lock down all the way
Our top pick has to go to the Bullet Tools 13’’ EZ Sheer Laminate Cutter. It stands head and shoulders over its competitors when it comes to customer satisfaction. It is clear to see why, with its multitude of user-friendly features and consistent ability to produce clean cuts.
Boasting an uncompromising design with metal jacketed bearings for long tool life, this USA manufactured laminate cutter will not let you down. For its high build quality, it is still incredibly portable. The adjustable fence guides and handle ensure an easy and accurate cut every time.
The Bullet Tools 13’’ EZ Shear Laminate Flooring Cutter is suited to those looking for the best and most reliable experience money can buy.
2. Norske Tools NMAP001 13’’ Laminate Flooring Cutter
- High-quality steel and aluminum construction
- Cuts multiple types of material
- Replacement blades are available
- Great value for money
Not so Good
- Can occasionally produce rough cuts
- Small platform for planks when cutting at an angle
Securing our ‘best value’ pick, the Norske Tools NMAP001 13’’ laminate cutter provides the perfect balance between affordability and performance.
The longer handle allows for improved cutting efficiency and productivity, while the inbuilt angle gauge helps you make angled cuts from 0 to 45 degrees. The large cutting capacity also allows for a large variety of other materials to be cut, including; engineered wood, vinyl, parquet, PVC tile, cove base and rubber tile.
The Norske Tools NMAP001 13’’ Laminate Flooring Cutter is perfect for those looking for a top notice laminate flooring cutter that won’t break the bank.
3. ROBERTS 10-35 Laminate Wood Floor Cutter
- Includes a v-support to keep planks level
- Very affordable – great budget pick
- Steel frame maximises stability
Not so Good
- Doesn’t have a built-in stabilizing platform
- 8 & 10mm laminate tough to cut
- Thick blade
- Does not perform angled cuts
Suitable for people who are on a budget but don’t want to skimp on quality. The ROBERTS 10-35 Laminate Cutter is an affordable laminate floor cutter that can handle pieces 10mm thick and up to 8’’ wide.
The handle provides plenty of leverage and comfort while the v-support makes the cutting process much easier. A heavy-duty steel frame maximises stability while cutting. Warranty is limited, only offering a replacement model due to a manufacturing error.
If you are looking for a cheap laminate cutter, with plenty of solid reviews the ROBERTS 10-35 Laminate Cutter is for you.
4. Roberts 10-94 13" Multi-Floor Guillotine Cutter
- Guillotine-style cutter cuts up to 13” wide and 5/8″ (16mm) thick
- Extruded aluminum base with solid plastic surface as a comfortable working area
- Long handle provides extra leverage for more cutting power with less effort
- Movable guide allows 45 degree angle cuts
- Replaceable tungsten-steel blade provides a long-lasting working life and sharp and clean cutting edge
- Professional grade pick
- Ideal for contractors
- Highly rated by professionals
- Performs angled cuts
Not so Good
- Not recommended for one of job
5. EAB Tool Exchange-a-Blade 2100005 9" Laminate Floor Cutter
- Stabilization platform allows for easier cutting
- High carbon steel blade
- Comes with a sharpening stone
Not so Good
- Angle gauge guide isn’t that secure
- Requires a good level to strength to operate
- Vague assembly instructions
For a reasonable price the EAB 2100005 provides an incredibly portable and easy to use experience. Ideal for precision cutting up to 9’’ width capacity. Features a high carbon steel blade and angle gauge up to 45 degrees. When cutting laminate at an angle, make sure the gauge is correctly positioned. Some strength is required to make cuts.
This product comes with a sharpening stone that allows you to sharpen the blade, ideal for product longevity and saving money down the line. Able to cut solid wood, vinyl tile and engineered wood along with laminate.
With an outstanding 1-year warranty and a large number of customer reviews with high ratings, the EAB Tool Exchange-a-Blade 2100005 9-Inch Laminate Flooring Cutter is a solid choice for anyone looking for a tool to lay their own flooring.
The following guide covers everything you need to look out for when on the hunt for a laminate floor cutter that suits your unique requirements.
Cutting width and thickness are important factors to think about when purchasing a laminate floor cutter. Each model supports different dimensions of materials. For example, thickness capacity is dictated by the distance between the blade and stabilisation plate. It is essential to measure the dimensions of the flooring material you intend to use to ensure it fits the cutting capacity. You should also consider possible future projects which may involve the use of wider/thicker materials.
Key Features to Look Out for
When it comes to picking the right floor cutter, there are many variables you must take into account to avoid wasting your money. Allow us to guide you through the main features to look out for;
- Material Type: Take a look at the list of materials the model can cut. It might be wise to choose one that supports the cutting of many types so you aren’t restricted in the future.
- Blade Material: The blade must be durable to stand up to repeated usage. A blade made from a low-quality metal will only cause you more problems in the future. Look out for blades made from high carbon steel for the best experience.
- Type of Blade: You may have noticed two types of cutters above. For example, the Bullet Tools 13’’ cutter sports a guillotine style blade whereas the EY-210 laminate cutter sports a knife style blade. So, what is the difference and why does it matter to you?
Guillotine cutters tend to be more reliable and easier to use, whereas knife cutters are slightly more difficult. It is also worth bearing in mind that the width of the blade can vary, making some manual cutters more difficult to use than others.
- Removable Blade: Look out for models that allow the removal and sharpening of the blade, this means you won’t have to buy a completely new model in the future, saving you time and money.
- Handle Length: Some floor cutters may need a little extra effort to cut through certain materials. Extended handles make this process a lot easier by creating more leverage. It can be a huge energy saver for those larger jobs!
- Construction Quality: A weak blade / base can compromise the functionality of a cutter. Don’t waste your time with a poorly built product that is bound to crumble from repeated use.
Can I use a laminate cutter to cut other types of flooring material?
Although their primary use is for cutting laminate flooring to a specified length, some cutters can also be used to cut other types of material such as vinyl and PVC tile. Check our reviews above to find out which cutters can cut multiple types of material.
Why should I buy a laminate floor cutter over a saw?
A cutter does the same job without the mess. It also doesn’t require electricity or cables.
Why should I buy a laminate floor cutter?
It is the best tool to tackle your own DIY flooring projects without needing to hire a labourer.
Guillotine or Knife Style Blade?
This depends on a few things, your needs and your budget. Guillotine cutters tend to cost more, however, they are more capable and tend to produce cleaner cuts.
Wrapping it up
After many hours of research, these are our top 5 picks for 2019. The best laminate floor cutter is one that provides exceptional build quality that you can rely on and promises a clean cut every time. From the Laminate Cutter EY-210 to the Bullet Tools 13 in. EZ Shear Laminate Flooring Cutter, there is a cutter to fit any budget.
Our top pick has to go to the Bullet Tools 13 in. EZ Shear Laminate Flooring Cutter for its unwavering build quality and consistent perfect cuts. If you are looking for the best of the best, this is the product for you.