Disclaimer: None of our reviews are sponsored. We earn a commission when you purchase items through our links.
Let’s face it… There’s something satisfying about demolition.
The first stages of building often start with it.
There is no better tool for this than a jack hammer.
Thanks for to electric models, they have become accessible for smaller jobs.
We have broken down some of the best electric jack hammers on the market for you to buy…
Here's 3 products we picked out that thought you would be interested in depending on your budget...
The Best Electric Jack Hammer with Reviews 2023
Here's a list of the best electric jack hammers we found:
1. Makita HM1810X3 70 Lb. AVT Breaker Hammer
- Powerful 15.0 AMP motor delivers 1,100 BPM to handle the most demanding applications.
- Anti-Vibration Technology is an internal counterbalance system that greatly reduces vibration and directs more impact energy to the work surface.
- L.E.D. power light indicates switch failure or cord damage.
- Automatic brush cut-off protects commutator from damage for longer tool life.
- Lowest noise level in its class at only 107dB.
- AC/DC switch for use with alternative power source.
- Construction grade jackhammer
- Very powerful
- Recommended for contractors & demo workers
- Not recommended for the DIYer
2. Bosch 11335K 35-Pound 1-1/8" Jack Hammer Kit
- Unmatched power to weight ration - 34-feet-per-pound of impact force.
- Active vibration control handle - a unique flexible 2-handed design that reduces vibration by 40-percent over the closest competitor.
- Versatile bit retention - accepts Bosch 1-1/8-inch hex steel as well as standard 1-1/8-inch air steel.
- Total comfort and control - articulating auxiliary handle to maintain the best working posture possible.
- Rugged durability - metal tube and case design handles tough jobsite use and abuse.
- Not many complaints about this
3. XtremepowerUS Electric Demolition Jack Hammer
- Extremely great value for money
- Very popular model
- High build quality
- Easy to operate
- The motor can heat up fast
- Hammer bits are unique
The XtremepowerUS 2200 watt heavy duty electric demolition jack hammer secures our best pick, and it’s no surprise why!
This product boasts a multitude of user-friendly features..
- Anti-vibration system: reduces hammer and handle vibration
- Lock rotating chisel: allowing you to work from a variety of angles
- Adjustable 360 degree foregrip: for extra control while hammering.
- It also comes with 2 x 16’’ chisels, protective gloves, goggles, and hex wrenches.
It is recommended you take frequent rests to allow the motor to cool down. You are also limited when looking for additional chisel attachments as this jack hammer only uses exclusive bits.
This product suits people looking for a well-balanced, easy to use electric jackhammer for a brilliant price. The XtremepowerUS 2200 watt will tackle any job you put in front of it. With its hundreds of amazing reviews, why not see what the hype is all about.
4. DEWALT D25980K Pavement Breaker
- Very powerful breaker
- Ideal for contractors and professionals
- Comes with a hammer truck for easy transportation
- Backed by Dewalts great warranty
- Some complaints about the truck it comes with
- Not many other complaints about this
5. F2C 2200W Heavy Duty Electric Demolition Jack Hammer
Our best value pick goes to the F2C 2200W heavy duty electric demolition jack hammer. F2C stands for ‘factory to customer’. Their aim is to get products from manufactures into customers hands without going through wholesalers. The result is a more reasonable price.
Features an all metal design minus the handle which is plastic to protect the user against potential electric shocks. Comes with a case, 1 x 1/8’’ bull point chisel, 1 x 1/8’’ flat chisel, safety gloves, googles and mask.
Advised to give it a couple of minutes rest every now and then as it does get hot. The provided instructions aren’t the easiest to understand to new jack hammer users. Handle requires a wrench to adjust it.
Ideal for individuals on a tighter budget, the F2C 2200W is a well powered and easy to operate electric jackhammer. A solid choice for most people.
6. TR Industrial-Grade Electric Demolition Jack Hammer
Although on the higher end of the price scale among the 8 electric jack hammers on the list, the TR industrial-grade 4-piece electric demolition jack hammer is super versatile and powerful tool, proficient enough to take on any job put in its way.
The steel and cast iron design ensures a stable and reliable experience. The 360 degree swivel auxiliary handle allows for maximum versatility. Includes a warranty against defects from workmanship and materials for one year from the date of purchase. Double insulated plug for added safety. Certified to comply with UL safety guidelines. Minimal noise and vibration.
Comes with a huge variety of chisel bits, including; point, spade, scoop, flat and shovel. Steel storage case provided
TR industrial has continued their critically recognised high standards with this electric jack hammer. Housed in an entirely metal design, this hammer is prepared for the most arduous of tasks. Its precise and accurate yet powerful hammering motion is what makes the one of the best electric jack hammers on the market.
7. Neiko 02845A Electric Demolition Jack Hammer
Engineered with a helical gear system, the Neiko 02845A electric demolition jack hammer operates smoother and more quietly than other hammers. The non-slip handle swivels 360 degrees which adds to the comfort during use. Its sand blasted all metal design provides increased resistance against corrosion and ensures a longer service life.
The entire set comes with; 2 heavy duty, drop forged heat treated chisels (16’’ point chisel and ¼’’ 16’’ flat chisel), 4 extra carbon brushes, 3 wrenches, safety googles, gloves and a case.
Powerful enough to break through hard materials such as concrete, brick, and ground, while operating smoothly and quietly, the Neiko 02845A electric demolition jack hammer is a must have tool that doesn’t fail to deliver on functionality and performance.
8. Goplus® Electric Jack Hammer
The Goplus® 2200 watt electric demolition jack hammer is an effective and well-priced hammer able to break up the hardest of surfaces.
360 degree swivel handle makes the Goplus electric demolition jackhammer super easy to operate. The carrying case is super convenient for transport. Hammer comes with 1 x bull point chisel, 1 x flat chisel, protective gloves, oil bottle, 2 x carbon brushes, 3 x hex wrenches and a high impact case with 2 wheels and a handle. The 2200w motor provides an excellent 1900 impacts per minute, making it able to complete jobs in a breeze.
Users have reported the vibration to be rather strong, however, this is expected from such a powerful jack hammer in a small form factor.
With its user friendly design, portability and a powerful motor, the Goplus® 2200 Watt electric demolition jack hammer is perfect for DIYer looking to take on those small scale jobs in double quick time.
Key Factors to Look Out For
Power: The amount of power you need will depend on the job you need a jack hammer for. Look out for the motor power if you need something more heavy duty.
Swivel Handle: As you have seen above, some electric jack hammers have a 360 degree swivel handle and others do not. Although not a deal breaker, it certainly adds to an easier user experience.
Cord Length: It’s worth noting the cord length. Although an extension lead is always an option, it can be useful to have a longer cord.
Price: Electric jack hammers can vary in price and you get what you pay for. To save yourself time and narrow your search, determine your budget ahead of time.
With the wide variety of chisel attachments available, it can be very daunting to know which one you need. It is common for electric jack hammers to come with a flat and point chisel, but what is the difference? Let’s take a look at some of the different chisel types and what they are used for.
- Flat Tip Chisel – Enables you to control the direction and cut edges
- Point Tip Chisel – General purpose (masonry and concrete demolition)
- Spade Tip Chisel – Lets you cut flat edges (especially useful in dirt or clay)
- Strake Driver Chisel Tip – Allows you to drive stakes into concrete for breakpoints
- Flex Chisel Tip – Somewhat flexible and allows you to get under tiles and pavers
*Brushing tools are used to round down rough spots on concrete and put a clean finish on a surface before bonding.
What is the difference between an electric and pneumatic jack hammer?
Both work in a very similar fashion and are built for the same job. Pneumatic drills rely on localised compressed air power. Electric drills use electric motors and rely on a power outlet. Due to the inbuilt electric motor, electric jack hammers tend to be heavier than pneumatic jack hammers.
Why should I buy an electric jack hammer over an air / pneumatic one?
- Electric doesn’t need a separate compartment for it to be powered like a pneumatic hammer does. All the required power comes from within the tool itself which is more convenient for the average user.
- They aren’t as powerful as pneumatic hammers. This makes them ideal for home remodeling, personal driveways, and DIY projects.
- Electric jack hammers are a lot more portable and much easier to use than pneumatic jack hammers. Making them more suitable to lighter jobs.
- They are significantly quieter than their pneumatic counterparts.
Do I need to buy any accessories?
Most electric jack hammers already come with a few accessories. These usually include safety gear and a few chisel attachments. If it doesn’t come with any safety gear I suggest buying safety goggles, gloves and hearing protectors. After several jobs, you may need to look into new chisel attachments.
How do I keep safe?
The obvious concerns are the risk of injury from flying debris and the from machine itself. Most hammers on the market offer in-built safety features, such as automatic shut off. However, there are further steps you should take to ensure your own complete safety.
It’s advisable to buy the following items before starting any work:
- Eye Protection: Important to prevent any damage to your eyesight
- Safety Boots: Ideally steel toe capped
- Gloves: Shock absorbing gloves are optimal to combat the hammer vibration
- Ear Protection: These machines can produce 100+ decibel levels
- Protective Clothing: Thick clothing that will reduce injury risk from debris