Disclaimer: None of our reviews are sponsored. We earn a commission when you purchase items through our links.
Probably one of the most common tools amongst professionals and home DIYer’s alike.
The cordless hammer drill is an essential tool to have in your toolbox as it will almost certainly come in handy.
We hunted around and put together this quick guide on some of the best models out there.
On this page:
The Best Cordless Hammer Drill Reviews
Here's a list of the best cordless hammer drills we found:
1. Milwaukee 2804-20 M18 Cordless Hammer Drill
- Power state Brushless motor: purposely built for the M18 Fuel 1/2" Drill driver to provide up to 60% more power than the competitive set
- Redlink Plus Intelligence: ensures optimal performance and provides overload protection to prevent damage to the tool and battery during heavy applications while still maintaining compatibility across...
- Red Lithium XC5.0 battery pack: delivers more work per charge and more work over the life of the pack than competitors
- Up to 60% more power: 1, 200 in-lbs of torque
2. DEWALT DCD996B 20V MAX XR Hammer Drill
3. Festool 574708 Cordless Hammer Drill PDC Set
- Tremendous range - driven by a four-speed gearbox, you can drop it down low to hog out material, switch to high-speed hammer function to plow through concrete
- The most versatile drill ever - supported by its own set of fast fix Interchangeable chucks and the complete centrotec bit change system
- Unbeatable - industry-leading ec-tec Brushless motor—coupled with proven airstream Lithium-Ion battery technology—provides long run times as well as jobsite-tough durability
- Powerful airstream compact batteries - an available compact 3.1 Ah 18 V battery provides a lighter alternative to the standard airstream 5.2 Ah battery
4. Makita XPH07Z 18V LXT Cordless Hammer Driver Drill
- BL Brushless Motor delivers 1,090 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- Ergonomic design at only 8-1/8" long and weighs only 5.9 lbs. with battery (battery not included)
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauge indicates battery charge level
- All metal variable 2-speed transmission (0-550 & 0-2,100 RPM) for a wide range of applications
- Includes: Tool with side Handle, side clip in MAKITA Retail Box. (NOT on Brown Box)
5. Ryobi P1813 One+ Cordless Hammer Drill
- P251 HAMMER DRILL: This cordless 18v power drill can be adjusted up to 750 inch pounds of torque with the 24 position clutch. You can also tear through several different materials, from wood to...
- MAGNETIC BIT HOLDER: Near the base of the hammer drill is a platform where you can keep bits and fasteners secured to the drill. This way, you can replace bits without having to walk away from your...
- P108 BATTERY: This 4 amp hour battery is one of the largest in Ryobi’s lineup. It has an onboard fuel gauge that lets you know how much power is left, It can also work in extreme temperatures,...
- P117 BATTERY CHARGER: This charger can fully power 2 amp hour batteries in as little as 30 minutes. It can tackle the rest of the batteries in Ryobi’s 18v One+ lineup. Compatible models include the...
- CONTRACTOR’S BAG: You can keep your hammer drill, charger, and other accessories tucked away in this lime green bag. It has a sturdy zipper on top that will keep this sealed the way you need
6. Bosch HDH183B 18V Brushless Hammer Drill Driver
- Kickback control – reduces the risk from sudden rotational torque reaction in a bind-up scenario
- Precision clutch with 25+1 settings – provides driving accuracy for reduced fastener damage
- Upgraded all-metal chuck – for more durability, along with first-rate bit retention
- Ec Brushless motor – efficient power that delivers 663 in.-Lbs. Of torque and outstanding runtime
- Brute tough design – compact hammer drill that provides plenty of power
7. Hitachi DV18DSDLP4 18-Volt Cordless Hammer Drill
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT. Same great tools, with only a new name.
- Industrial grade 2-piece motor with up to 814 in-lbs of torque to handle the toughest jobs
- Single sleeve ratcheting 1/2" metal keyless chuck with carbide jaw inserts for maximum bit grip and convenient swap-outs
- 22-position clutch with drill and hammer drill modes for properly matching the torque to the application
- Aluminum gear case for maximum durability and strength
- Metal belt hook keeps the tool close at hand