Disclaimer: Tools First supports our readers with thousands of hours of research to help you find the right products for your needs and make your life easier. You support us through our carefully chosen links that may earn us a commission.
At a glance
- 15-amp motor
- Approximately 2 HP motor
- Blade speed: 5,000 RPM
- Table dimensions: 20 x 26 inches
- Product dimensions: 36.5 x 14.5 x 22.5 inches
- Weight: 67.5 pounds
- Cutting diameter: 10 inches
- Rip capacity (right): 24 ¼ inches
- Rip capacity (left): 12 inches
- Warranty: 3-year limited
What's in the box
- 10-Inch Table Saw
- Carbide 28-Tooth Blade
- 2 Blade Wrenches
- Heavy-Duty Steel Folding Stand
- Self-Aligning Rip Fence
- Miter Gauge
- Push Stick
- Blade Guards
- 2 Wrenches
Heavy-Duty Steel Folding Stand with Quick-Mount
The included steel folding stand has a quick-mount that allows for lightning-quick and straightforward setup. Storage is also simpler as this item can be tucked away when not in use.
Most modern jobsite saws have a 15-amp motor, and the SKIL 3410-02 is no exception. For the casual user, this SKIL saw has plenty of power and can complete most cuts with ease.
EZ View Measurement System
Easily visible controls and a self-aligning rip fence ensure that you’ll get accurate settings and measurements each and every time. This is a big help for beginners who are still learning how to produce cuts with exact measurements.
Extending Cast Aluminum Table
For larger and longer workpieces, the work surface extends from 20×26 to 20×32 inches.
Advanced Safety Features
Most modern table saws have employed numerous safety features, and the SKIL 3410-02 is no exception. It comes with a riving knife, a finger guard, and a kickback guard.
Keep all your tools and accessories organized and easily accessible with the built-in storage system.
Saw Detaches If Needed
If you’d like to detach the saw and mount it on another stand, the SKIL accommodates that preference.
If you’re on the go or have limited space, you’ll appreciate how light and easy to move this unit is. This is especially true if you’re going from the garage to the driveway or passing the saw between friends and neighbors. However, it doesn’t have wheels, which is a bit of a letdown.
Easy Set Up
All you need to get this saw up and running is a screwdriver and an open wrench.
Despite the lower price tag, SKIL didn’t skimp on the necessities. The stand gets top marks for top-notch engineering and sturdiness. The bevel lock and blade hoist crank are mounted concentrically for optimal ease of use.
- Heavy-duty steel folding stand included
- 3.5-inch cut height enables you to cut through four times the material in one go, which is fantastic for an entry level saw
- Includes safety features
- Table extends to accommodate larger pieces
- Onboard storage keeps tools in place
- Lightweight and compact
- Affordable, tremendous value
- Usually comes ready to use out of the box, with little or no adjustments required.
- Perfect balance of quality, functionality, and price.Reliable performance at a budget price.
Not So Good
- The tabletop surface is somewhat gritty, causing extra resistance
- No dust collection port; dust falls to the floor
- Riving knife and blade guard aren’t considered excellent quality, but they are acceptable given the price of the unit
- Some of the plastic components feel cheap
- No soft start option; it can start with a bit of a jolt
- The included blade is just a 28-point blade. It’s okay for beginners but should be replaced for more advanced or heavy-duty applications.
This lower-priced model performs exceptionally well for the price point. Granted, it’s not going to have all the features of a higher-priced saw, but it still has a powerful motor and can execute a variety of cuts with ease. If you’re a beginner, a DIYer or on a budget, or want a “starter” table saw, then this offering from SKIL should provide reliable performance for years to come.
The 3410 has a larger table as well as a sliding miter fence that goes out past 24 inches. It also has a folding stand, which was lacking on the 3310.
Yes, it can accept dado sets up to 13/16” wide and an 8” diameter. The manufacturer recommends using the SKIL dado blade table insert #80076 to reduce the risk of injury.
Even though at first glance, it looks flimsy, the stand gets top marks for stability.
Yes, this saw has the power and flexibility to do both.
Together, the height of the stand and saw comes to 34 5/8 inches.
Most professional woodworkers will find this model lacking; however, for a beginner or casual woodworker, the SKIL 3410-02 is a dream come true at this reasonable of a price point.